Windows 10: Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...

Discus and support Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, so I have never been a OneDrive user, I disabled the online syncing function because I use google drive (which I think is way simpler and better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/antonymus1911, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...

Okay, so I have never been a OneDrive user, I disabled the online syncing function because I use google drive (which I think is way simpler and better integrated), but I have to use it now because I have some powerpoint files I need to open, and it can only be done by uploading them to OneDrive. This allows me to open and read the files without problem. So I thought, "okay why not set up OneDrive, it might be useful in the future." So I launched OneDrive and it started updating all my files I had in the OneDrive folder. But apparently this is the default save folder for all user files ?? So every game I have installed has their save folders linked to this map, which alone makes up close to 5 gigabytes. I have no space left to upload the files I actually need, and I don't know if I remove them from OneDrive, if they will be lost forever. Also I can't remove most of the game save folders because then the games won't know where to look for the save files. So basically I have the entire OneDrive full with files I apparently cannot remove, while Windows keeps spamming me that "I ran out of space on OneDrive"....

So I was wondering if somebody knew how to update all the files to a new place so that files don't lose their location link, while still emptying the OneDrive for all the files I actually need to update ? I'd really appreciate some help on this, I'm kind of lost xS

submitted by /u/antonymus1911
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/antonymus1911, Jan 17, 2021

2. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...

Windows 8 Clubhouse

Windows 10 Build 9879 released (last update for 2014).

New features:

1) a checkbox menu option where you can turn off/on Task View and Search icons in the toolbar (I got rid of them XD)

Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for... windows-10-toolbar-options-large-100530292-large.png

2) simplified OneDrive experience

W10 will now use what MS calls selective sync, where you'll need to specify what's saved to your PC, and what MS keeps in its OneDrive cloud. MS appears to be killing OneDrive app, allowing users access to OneDrive strictly through the File Explorer. (fuck yeah!)

Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for... windows-10-onedrive-revamp-100530297-large.png

3) 5 new three-finger gestures to swipe through Windows 10's UI

• 3 fingers up launches Task View
    • 3 fingers down to Show Desktop
    • 3 fingers flick to left/right to switch to previous app (go back 1)
    • 3 fingers move left/right: Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up, and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
    • 3-finger tap: Search
    4) Snap Assist works across multiple monitors

5) New IE that utilizes Edge rendering engine, designed for improved compatibility with the various sites on the Web.

6) MKV container support!!! Users can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player, including desktop and modern apps), along with proper thumbnail images and MKV support.

Drone, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for...

1. Windows apparently saved all user files directly to OneDrive, which I now have to use for... - Similar Threads - apparently saved user

2. I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...: I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the user/Onedrive file on my computer were lost. How I could recover them, I do not find them in OneDrive nor in local recycle Bin....
  3. I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...: I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the user/Onedrive file in my computer were lost actually their size is more than 10 GB, so they do not safe for OneDrive and I can not find them in the Recycle Bin. Please let me know How I could...
  4. I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...: I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the user/Onedrive file on my computer were lost. How I could recover them, I do not find them in OneDrive nor in local recycle Bin....
  5. I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...

I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the...: I used administrator PowerShell to uninstall OneDrive, and all my files saved in the user/Onedrive file in my computer were lost actually their size is more than 10 GB, so they do not safe for OneDrive and I can not find them in the Recycle Bin. Please let me know How I could...
  6. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive: Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my...
  7. All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.: Hello,About a week ago my files i downloaded automatically saved to the onedrive. so in: C/users/my name/onedrive/downloadoads. i was struggeling for hours and didnt knew how to fix it. in the end i just removed the onedrive folder on my pc not that smart, and that led tho a...
  8. All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.

All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.: Hello,About a week ago my files i downloaded automatically saved to the onedrive. so in: C/users/my name/onedrive/downloadoads. i was struggeling for hours and didnt knew how to fix it. in the end i just removed the onedrive folder on my pc not that smart, and that led tho a...
  9. How do I save all files in OneDrive to the cloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I save all files in OneDrive to the cloud: All of my files in OneDrive are not shown as saved in the cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-all-files-in-onedrive-to-the-cloud/9dc9b45e-135e-404f-be43-353d4ef6b858
  10. Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook.com now allows to save files directly to OneDrive: We’re excited to announce the new Save to OneDrive feature, a simpler way to manage and save your email attachments. This is a feature you’ve been asking for and today we’ve begun rolling it out to all Outlook.com customers worldwide. If you don’t have it yet, please check...