Windows 10: Windows appearance change.

Discus and support Windows appearance change. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is it that Microsoft feels they need to change the appearance of their product? The Icons have changed as well as how some of the programs appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stan0321, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Stan0321 Win User

Windows appearance change.

Why is it that Microsoft feels they need to change the appearance of their product? The Icons have changed as well as how some of the programs appear. The appearance should be user optional for changes and not forced in updates!

:)

Stan0321, Jan 24, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 24, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows appearance change. - Similar Threads - appearance change

2. Strange item appearing on changing volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange item appearing on changing volume: Found this site while trying to find a way to change the HUGE VISUAL that shows up whenever I change the volume (see attached photo). I don't know what the thing is called, so that hampers my search. Some people may like it, but it generally is just way too big and stays...
  3. How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable language switch indicator? (Windows 10) It appears when I'm changing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Masterez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emd6q2/how_to_disable_language_switch_indicator_windows/
  4. ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years: Hi - an ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years of using the computer with no issues. just out of the blue - i have added nothing of consequence regarding hardware. i do not have a written key (ii guess it was digital) any advice?...
  5. Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10-64 Change how folders appear: I'm on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 - 64 - Is there any way to change the look of folders such that they will show a "picture" of something included in the folder? e.g. if you have a folder of birthday pictures, instead of seeing just a yellow folder icon, can you have...
  6. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

in Windows 10 Customization
    SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen. The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the...
  7. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows (last version) on a blank disk and I still have the issue. After each user session change, that means every day since april...
  8. error appears while changing account name

error appears while changing account name: Hi I wanna change my account name but this Error appears [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-appears-while-changing-account-name/ea5f6391-8c42-4f13-9032-e9c7a4d2f11a
  9. Changing sound volume makes a black window appear

Changing sound volume makes a black window appear: Recently I noticed that changing the sound volume makes a small black window appear in the top left of my screen for some time, an image of the window is attached. While it is a neat, I find it often to be just in the way. For example I change the sound volume, want to click...
  10. Additional drives do not appear (Storage > Change where new content is saved)

Additional drives do not appear (Storage > Change where new content is saved): Hello everyone, I have this problem, and I can't resolve it with the answers I find to similar questions. (Repair files, repair permissions, scandisk, chkdsk, and so on...) I am running Windows 10 Pro 1903 with latest updates. I have 4 SSD and 1 hard drive in my PC....