Windows 10: Windows/Apple Photo Management

Discus and support Windows/Apple Photo Management in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My parents use both Windows (laptop) and iOS (phone and iPad). I’m not familiar with Windows based photo management software. Can anyone recommend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BayRunner, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Windows/Apple Photo Management

My parents use both Windows (laptop) and iOS (phone and iPad). I’m not familiar with Windows based photo management software. Can anyone recommend software that would allow them to view photos on both ecosystems?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/BayRunner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BayRunner, Dec 30, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows/Apple Photo Management :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Apple iPhone in Autoplay list

I am unable to remove the listing in Autoplay for Apple Iphone and I spent numerous hours trying to remove it with no luck at all. I followed the steps using the registry as well, still it is shown on the AutoPlay listing.
    Spoke to one IT helpdesk agent and said the only way to get rid of it is to just reinstall Windows in order to remove that option from the list.

I even re-inserted my iPhone to my machine and uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager under Portable Devices.

Obsolete devices in Autoplay list multiple entries for same - Microsoft Community

Update >> I managed to remove it under Devices and Printers. Looks like it does not work under Device Manager.

win10freak, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Windows/Apple Photo Management

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows/Apple Photo Management

1. Windows/Apple Photo Management - Similar Threads - Apple Photo Management

2. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  3. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  4. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Intune with Apple Business Manager federation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune with Apple Business Manager federation: Hellosetting up ABM federations requires an azure account with Application Administrator, Cloud Application Administrator, or Global Administrator. this is a one time thing just to give the Apple app permissions to AZURE?Afterwards the users are synced with SCIM ?? this still...
  6. Intune with Apple Business Manager federation

Intune with Apple Business Manager federation: Hellosetting up ABM federations requires an azure account with Application Administrator, Cloud Application Administrator, or Global Administrator. this is a one time thing just to give the Apple app permissions to AZURE?Afterwards the users are synced with SCIM ?? this still...
  7. Photo app for apple photo

Photo app for apple photo: Micro app to add photo from iphone or ipad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-for-apple-photo/c1700983-f4f8-4648-86af-4a2e67b57e62
  8. Has anyone managed to port Apple Keyboard Layout to windows 10 for apple magic keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone managed to port Apple Keyboard Layout to windows 10 for apple magic keyboard?: Has anyone managed to port Apple Keyboard Layout to windows 10 for apple magic keyboard? submitted by /u/exilen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hurx1v/has_anyone_managed_to_port_apple_keyboard_layout/
  9. Transferring Apple Photo albums to Microsoft Photos

Transferring Apple Photo albums to Microsoft Photos: I used to have a MacBook, with a big Photo library on it, which I organized through the use of albums which took me an enormous amount of time. Now that I have Windows, I'd like to recover all the organization for my photos. I have successfully recovered my Apple Photos...
  10. Apple-Soft COPY DATA MANAGEMENT

Apple-Soft COPY DATA MANAGEMENT: COPY DATA MANAGEMENT When we were going over data explosion way back, we would conclude that offering bigger storage space was the option to manage it. That was 3-4 years back and before. Now it is being mentioned by large storage platform vendors that information explosion...