Windows 10: Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

Discus and support Windows application are frozen, while PC is working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After recent update my Windows 10 applications and some third-party programs do not respond, while I can move mouse, or open other application however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VladimirVZubkov, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

After recent update my Windows 10 applications and some third-party programs do not respond, while I can move mouse, or open other application however those can be frozen after launch as well.

I.e. when I move cursor onto Search filed near Start button the blank window pup-up, and if I input some i.e. application name it still not responding. The same behavior appears with Windows Settings, so when I open the window it shows me subdirectories like System, Security and etc. And when I am trying to open any of those, the blank window shows up instead. Additionally, Microsoft office apps are stop working randomly as well.

Please advise

:)

VladimirVZubkov, Apr 8, 2021

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

1. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working - Similar Threads - application are frozen

2. PC Frozen At Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Frozen At Reset: I'm currently doing a reset of my PC with the option to keep my files. It's been 5 hours now and all it shows is "reseting this pc 6%" with the loading thing I decided to reset it in the first place because my computer would constantly freeze I tried many solutions I've seen...
  3. Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC: I kept getting blue screens constantly to the point where the windows wouldnt even boot. Had this issue before and it was because of some windows 10 update and i had my pc restarted from the recovery menu. Did the same thing, long pressed shift while restaring the pc to get...
  4. I am getting frozen screen randomly while working

I am getting frozen screen randomly while working: Hi, I am facing a issue of screen freeze since after the latest windows 10 update. Randomly anytime my mouse get stuck and at that point I know that nothing is working not even Alt + Ctrl +Del. This is very frequent now and i am concerned about it. After the screen is froze...
  5. My PC frozen

My PC frozen: I recently notice my PC getting freeze and I have to cold reboot my laptop to unfrozen, I know this is not healthy for the hard drive, what can I do to stop my pc to freeze? I'll appreciate any feeback....
  6. PC Frozen!

PC Frozen!: I updated several drivers and when I later turned on my PC it was frozen on my start page and I could not use my mouse and keyboard or bring up any icons. I tried everything I could to no avail . I finally made a start usb stick with Windows 10 on it. That allowed me to use...
  7. Frozen PC unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen PC unusable: I cannot use my PC. It is booting OK but nothing can be run. There is an endlessly rotating busy circle displayed whenever I click an app or other file. I have seen this before but it has ended after a short delay, this time it is unending. None of the usual fixes I have...
  8. Xbox Game Pass for PC not working. Windows Store frozen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass for PC not working. Windows Store frozen: I have tried absolutely everything that I could find to try and get the Windows Store working again but nothing is helping. I have tried Trouble shooter/wsreset through command prompt and other various paths. I had games downloaded that worked perfectly fine then yesterday I...
  9. Application Crashing while working on it

Application Crashing while working on it: Hi Community, I was wondering if the KB961894 could still be downloaded. The article https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/961894/fix-an-application-that-uses-the-mfc80-dll-module-or-the-mfc80u-dll-mo is describing an issue which we are facing, yet the versions do not...
  10. PC frozen on “shutting down” window

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC frozen on “shutting down” window: I updated to Windows 10 a few weeks ago but last night my PC would not close. I have left it overnight on battery in the hope it would force it to close down but it goes into “sleep” mode and when you wake it with the mouse it is still showing “shutting down”. I cannot...