Windows 10: Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

Discus and support Windows application are frozen, while PC is working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After recent update my Windows 10 applications and some third-party programs do not respond, while I can move mouse, or open other application however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VladimirVZubkov, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

After recent update my Windows 10 applications and some third-party programs do not respond, while I can move mouse, or open other application however those can be frozen after launch as well.

I.e. when I move cursor onto Search filed near Start button the blank window pup-up, and if I input some i.e. application name it still not responding. The same behavior appears with Windows Settings, so when I open the window it shows me subdirectories like System, Security and etc. And when I am trying to open any of those, the blank window shows up instead. Additionally, Microsoft office apps are stop working randomly as well.

Please advise

:)

VladimirVZubkov, Apr 8, 2021

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows application are frozen, while PC is working

1. Windows application are frozen, while PC is working - Similar Threads - application are frozen

2. Application crash while working .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application crash while working .: Faulting application name: EDIUS.exe, version: 10.3.4.10936, time stamp: 0x645892a9 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3031, time stamp: 0x69314b12 Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19 Faulting process id: 0x12d8 Faulting...
  3. Application crash while working .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application crash while working .: Faulting application name: EDIUS.exe, version: 10.3.4.10936, time stamp: 0x645892a9 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3031, time stamp: 0x69314b12 Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19 Faulting process id: 0x12d8 Faulting...
  4. Application crash while working .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 application windows frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 application windows frozen: Problem description: This seems to be specific to Microsoft applications. When I open apps such as the calculator or sticky notes I can not move the app window around my screen. It opens and remains frozen in the original spot it opened to on my desktop. All other downloaded...
  6. Windows 10 application windows frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 application windows frozen: Problem description: This seems to be specific to Microsoft applications. When I open apps such as the calculator or sticky notes I can not move the app window around my screen. It opens and remains frozen in the original spot it opened to on my desktop. All other downloaded...
  7. Windows 10 application windows frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen

Restarted PC while resetting network now Windows is frozen: While trying to fix some network problems I hit “Rest Network” which then prompted that my PC will restart in 5 min. I though that meant that I could already restart now. I restarted my PC and now I can’t click on the Windows tab, any Windows programs don’t open, Windows key...
  9. Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows completely frozen while restarting the PC: I kept getting blue screens constantly to the point where the windows wouldnt even boot. Had this issue before and it was because of some windows 10 update and i had my pc restarted from the recovery menu. Did the same thing, long pressed shift while restaring the pc to get...
  10. Application Crashing while working on it

Application Crashing while working on it: Hi Community, I was wondering if the KB961894 could still be downloaded. The article https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/961894/fix-an-application-that-uses-the-mfc80-dll-module-or-the-mfc80u-dll-mo is describing an issue which we are facing, yet the versions do not...