Windows 10: windows application cannot see network drive

Discus and support windows application cannot see network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a fairly new computer with windows 10. I have a network drive ( "P" drive ) which is on another computer. I can see and access the "P" drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pfarrell, Jul 25, 2019.

1. pfarrell Win User

windows application cannot see network drive

I have a fairly new computer with windows 10. I have a network drive ( "P" drive ) which is on another computer. I can see and access the "P" drive from the file explorer. However I have an application which does not see any of the network drives. This application is quite capable of accessing network drives on other machines, but for some reason it cannot see them when running on this windows 10 computer. Any ideas please ?

:)

pfarrell, Jul 25, 2019
  2. little cat, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jul 25, 2019
  4. FLY3R Win User

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile windows application cannot see network drive :)

FLY3R, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. windows application cannot see network drive - Similar Threads - application cannot network

2. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  3. Can't see my network drive on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see my network drive on network: I'm running Windows 11 Home on a HP OMEN Desktop. I have a WD Cloud EX4 drive hooked in through ethernet. The drive, named "Main-Cloud", shows up under storage and not on the computer. When I click on the Main-Cloud icon it just brings up the maintenance window for the drive...
  4. Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network: I have a Lenovo N22 laptop running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro (20H2). A week ago I had a Netgear router running with a private class C LAN IP address range. The router was at address 204.107.91.254. Everything on my network worked fine, including the Lenovo. The Netgear...
  5. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  6. Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network

Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network: Since updating to windows 10 I haven't been able to see my 5Ghz network on my desktop PC. My smartphone and laptop can see and connect to the network at the same distance. I've looked around for solutions dating back to 2015 but haven't found a fix yet. When checking if my...
  7. Network drive cannot be 'seen' by application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network drive cannot be 'seen' by application: In Windows 10, File Explorer correctly 'sees' my dropbox folder mapped to my 'Y:' drive. But, when I run an application (in this case Quickbooks Pro Desktop 2018), I'm not able to 'see' this same drive -- it doesn't exist. I can't open the files I need on that mapped drive...
  8. Home Network - Cannot See Drives

Home Network - Cannot See Drives: I have 2 MyCloud Mirror devices attached to my home network. When I open "Network" - I see 2 x Media Devices and 2 x Storage Devices but no drives. Previously I had seen all drives - I can still see some drives on "Quick Access"", but are missing drives such as...
  9. Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer

Cannot see network drives in Windows Explorer: I have a Surface 4 Pro with Windows 10. I have two DLink NAS drives and in my old PC when I looked in Windows Explorer/Network I could see them and map them to a drive. Now when I look in Network in Windows Explorer I can only see printers and routers but no NAS units....
  10. Cannot see wireless networks

Cannot see wireless networks: I am unable to connect to the internet. The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer restarted, I was no longer able to see any wireless networks in the toolbar, nor can I see any available networks to connect to...