Windows 10: Windows application not openeing

Discus and support Windows application not openeing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; None of my Windows programs (Outlook 2013, Excel 2013 or Word 2013) would open, although all other programs do open normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidTheron1, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Windows application not openeing

None of my Windows programs (Outlook 2013, Excel 2013 or Word 2013) would open, although all other programs do open normally.

:)

DavidTheron1, Jan 14, 2019
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Windows application not openeing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows application not openeing

1. Windows application not openeing - Similar Threads - application openeing

2. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  3. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  4. I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...: I have Windows 11 installed in HP - 15s. I am not sure from which topic this issue is related so please forgive me if i have chosen the wrong topic of the question. Is this only a display error that doesn't not affecting the health of the system, then it is not such a major...
  5. I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...

I am using windows 11 and I have no idea why opening a single application i usually use...: I have Windows 11 installed in HP - 15s. I am not sure from which topic this issue is related so please forgive me if i have chosen the wrong topic of the question. Is this only a display error that doesn't not affecting the health of the system, then it is not such a major...
  6. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  7. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  8. Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search: Hello,I am on Windows 11. When I use certain applications and pinch to zoom, Windows search opens with every swipe which is very inconvenient for certain apps - I have not tested every app on my computer, but this does not happen in at least Firefox, Chrome, or on the...
  9. Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search

Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search: Hello,I am on Windows 11. When I use certain applications and pinch to zoom, Windows search opens with every swipe which is very inconvenient for certain apps - I have not tested every app on my computer, but this does not happen in at least Firefox, Chrome, or on the...
  10. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...