Windows 10: Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet

Discus and support Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to setup x-box live on my laptop, and somehow part of the setup may have disabled the connection of several applications to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacob Livingston, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet

Hello,

I have been trying to setup x-box live on my laptop, and somehow part of the setup may have disabled the connection of several applications to the internet.
    I have noticed that I am unable to sign-in to X-Box Live, OneDrive, and Spotify isn't even connecting.
    It's not a general internet issue, because I can still access the internet via a browser and also I can still use a vpn and remote desktop for work.

A little more context for my setup of X-box live:
    For some reason teredo wasn't enabled by default, so I had to go through a bunch of hoops to get that live and working, but soon as it was working, other things stopped working.
    I still want to play on X-box live, so I would prefer not to disable teredo.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you!

:)

Jacob Livingston, Jul 10, 2020
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. ps957 Win User
    After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet

1. Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet - Similar Threads - Applications aren't connecting

2. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications not connecting to internet: All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can access the internet through the web browser as well as other applications that are not related to Microsoft. I have tried to...
  3. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft applications not connecting to internet: All the Microsoft applications settings, Xbox app, Microsoft store, ect. say there is no internet connection and can not access the internet. I can access the internet through the web browser as well as other applications that are not related to Microsoft. I have tried to...
  4. Microsoft applications not connecting to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Applications but not browser lose Internet connection

Applications but not browser lose Internet connection: Hi,Now and then, the applications on my Windows 10 Pro PC lose connection to the Internet. But this doesn't affect my browser. It will continue to work fine. The first I'll know about the problem is usually when I open either Outlook or Spotify. Outlook will tell me it can't...
  6. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  7. Microsoft applications aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft applications aren't working: When I launch Xbox app for pc it doesn't work. It keeps loading for hours. Then I tried reinstalling it, But the installing process doesn't work. It just says "something happened on our end." that isn't problem. It's been like that for almost a week. And I even tried...
  8. Some applications won't connect to Internet.

Some applications won't connect to Internet.: So, Currently, I am having this problem that some applications *not downloaded from MS Store* won't connect to internet to perform their specific tasks. I have tried configuring Windows Firewall but nothing happens. The Applications that I am currently having this problem are...
  9. Laptop connected to the internet but programs act like they aren't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop connected to the internet but programs act like they aren't: My laptop shows it is connected to the internet and I can browse the web, but when I try to start up a program, it'll keep loading and loading or says it has no access to internet, I.E: Windows 10 Search bar, Windows Update, Any type of syncing, Microsoft store What kind of...
  10. Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.

Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.: One day my dad wanted to use my computer and right after that happened, my windows 10 apps were suddenly unable to connect to internet. I have no idea what the cause is, and I am also unable to roll back to a previous update. What should I do?...