Windows 10: Windows Applications No Sound

Discus and support Windows Applications No Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New Windows 10 Machine. Home New build Audio on Windows Media Player, Windows Photo and Windows Video Editor does not work. Audio works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Megalopsychos99, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows Applications No Sound

New Windows 10 Machine. Home

New build

Audio on Windows Media Player, Windows Photo and Windows Video Editor does not work.

Audio works on everything IE YouTube else including third party video players.

Videos saved with Windows Video Editor have no sound.

:)

Megalopsychos99, Feb 25, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Applications No Sound :p

cadaveca, Feb 25, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows Applications No Sound

Windows 10 Sound completely broken after using XSplit

Hi,

Compatibility issue or corrupted/outdated application may be the possible reason why the sound was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the application?

Meanwhile, we suggest that follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Applications No Sound

1. Windows Applications No Sound - Similar Threads - Applications Sound

2. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  3. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  4. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  6. Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.

Sounds from other applications are muted for the first few seconds when i'm playing a game.: Hello,Recently I've experienced an issue where the sound from applications takes a while to 'activate' when I'm playing a game. For example when I press my toggle mute button for discord which is running in the background, I dont hear the sound notification of me muting...
  7. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  8. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  9. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings: I know that what i am writing might not be a question but because i could not reply to a question similar to mine , i wanted to be as helpful as possible to the ones that may face the same as problem as i did. First things first the type of screensaver that i am referring to...