Windows 10: Windows' applications scrolling bug

Discus and support Windows' applications scrolling bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a while now I am getting a problem that any windows application I use file explorer, windows settings, windows search bar continuously scrolls as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by display name956, May 15, 2021.

1. Windows' applications scrolling bug

For a while now I am getting a problem that any windows application I use file explorer, windows settings, windows search bar continuously scrolls as if the up arrow key is being held down. Not exactly page scrolling. It only scrolls through the options in the application. It does not happen any where else, only on windows applications. I do not know if links are allowed but I recorded the problem and how it behaves and uploaded it to steamable.com. This is the link to the recording https://streamable.com/w31hjv . The problem only occurs after the PC has been on for many hours

:)

display name956, May 15, 2021

2. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior?

-----

Hi,

Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue. Short version - tried to turn off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" in Mouse Settings, but it still incorrectly allows scrolling of inactive
    windows in the same application as the active one, (i.e. it seems to be making the decision as to whether to scroll inactive not at the window level, as it should, but at the application level).

Example: When I watch videos on Youtube, (Firefox 75.0x64) the way I usually open a video I want is when I see one in the list that I want to watch, I Ctrl-Right click, Open in New (Private) Window, (I hate tabs Windows' applications scrolling bug ;) ) so now I have two separate Firefox
    windows on Youtube open - one with the list I was just looking at, (say, my subscription page) the other with the video that I've chosen to watch. I make the one with the video active by clicking on play, but it still lets me scroll the other, (subscription
    page) Youtube window while inactive, (again, even with the inactive scroll switch turned off in mouse settings, and even rebooted, in case that made a difference - it doesn't).

Double-checked other open windows, and, if they're Firefox windows, they still allow scrolling while inactive, whereas any other application windows do not. Seems like a bug to me, (i.e. the feature isn't called "scroll inactive applications...") or
    is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

DylanHunter, May 15, 2021
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2021
  4. Windows' applications scrolling bug

Bug: Jumpy scrolling in some applications

Recently I have been experiencing some scrolling issues in certain applications. This has specifically effected the main Facebook and Twitter 3rd party applications (not the OS integrated versions).

Basically when first starting the application, scrolling is fine. But after having scrolled down a page or so (on the facebook or twitter feed) the scroll position will start to jump around erratically. It may jump up half a page from where I was or downwards
    too far. It doesn't seem like lag as scrolling small amounts seems smooth but then all of a sudden it jumps to another scroll position.

My phone is a Samsung Omnia 7 version 7.10.7740.16. Just wondering if any one else has experienced a similar issue and whether it is an OS or application specific problem. I did not have this issue a few weeks ago, but since then there have been updates
    to the OS and to these applications. The fact that it exists in two applications leads me to believe its probably the phone and not an application specific bug.

jameshulsenz, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows' applications scrolling bug

1. Windows' applications scrolling bug - Similar Threads - Windows' applications scrolling

2. Windows auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows auto scroll bug: HelloI have developed a bug when using windows 10 recently, all windows menus are auto scrolling making the system interface pretty unusable I have uploaded an example of the bug in action on imgurI haveuninstalled and reinstalled my mouse driversunplugged and replugged all...
  3. Windows 10 20h2 Scrolling bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20h2 Scrolling bug: Since when i updated to 20H2 i have this weird scrolling bug when i use the xbox one controller. Even if a disconnect the controller, the computer keep getting inputs from somewhere. and i can only fix with disconnecting from the account or restart the pc. I have this bug...
  4. menu scrolling bug

menu scrolling bug: hi, when i open the start menu or right click on the taskbar icons the menu immediately starts scrolling upwards as if i am using shift-tab. it also occurs in Microsoft edge. it is not happening when i using chrome or file explorer. I've tried unplugging the keyboard and...
  5. Windows menu scroll-bug

Windows menu scroll-bug: Hello everyone, Since yesterday my pc encountered a problem. Whenever i open anything windows related (windows menu, or anything on the windows bar) it just scrolls through all options. I can't even really change stuff in my windows settings anymore because it just keeps...
  6. Scrolling Bug

Scrolling Bug: My windows keeps scrolling up on File Explorer and Settings. I tried unchecking "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" in the Personalization settings, but it didn't work. I also tried making my desktop background a solid color, and that didn't work either....
  7. Fix scrolling bug

Fix scrolling bug: I've tried everything! Replace mouse, keyboard, log in/out, change account, auto scroll off & color off. I do not have a way to restore back. Please help! submitted by /u/shagy4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtxy33/fix_scrolling_bug/
  8. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?: TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior? ----- Hi, Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue....
  9. Windows 10 scrolling down bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 scrolling down bug: When accessing menus in windows 10, they are automatically stuck scrolling down. It's nothing I have plugged in, I've confirmed this already by unplugging everything and just trying with my trackpad. The settings screen will be fine until I click a dropdown, at which point it...
  10. Windows 10 scrolling down bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 scrolling down bug: When accessing menus in windows 10, they are automatically stuck scrolling down. It's nothing I have plugged in, I've confirmed this already by unplugging everything and just trying with my trackpad. The settings screen will be fine until I click a dropdown, at which point it...