Windows 10: Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search

Discus and support Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I have tried all of the solutions provided here and elsewhere, none of them seems to make it work. I don't know what triggers its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djlevan, Jun 14, 2017.

1. djlevan Win User

Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search

Hi All,

I have tried all of the solutions provided here and elsewhere, none of them seems to make it work.

I don't know what triggers its corruption, but i am not able to reset neither fix this app icons this implies to STORE/SETTINGS/MAIL icons. Please find screenshot enclosed for easy reference.

Thanks for your time and looking forward for a proper solution

Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search [​IMG]

Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search [​IMG]

:)

djlevan, Jun 14, 2017

2. Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

I wanted to remove the Windows Store icon from my Windows 10 taskbar, as I rarely need to visit the Store and I wanted to reclaim the space used by the Store icon on the taskbar.

When I right-clicked on the Store icon and selected "Unpin" as the option, the icon image disappeared but there remains a blank space where the icon used to be. If I add another application to the taskbar, it appears to the right of the blank space.

When I right-click on the blank space, the options shown are: "Store" (with the Store icon showing to the left), "Pin to taskbar" and "Close all windows". If I then click "Pin to taskbar", a new Windows Store icon appears in the taskbar to the left of the
    blank space, but the blank space remains.

How do I get rid of the blank space? Is there a registry area where I can view all the entries used to populate the taskbar with added apps and where I might be able to isolate the entry for the blank space and delete it?

DrTechnical, Jun 14, 2017
  3. How do I repair Groove Music under Windows 10?

I've had some problems with Groove Music on Windows 10 - it couldn't see any of my music - to try and fix it, I uninstalled Groove and re-installed from the Store. Now it works ok and it shows all the music, the only problem is Groove no longer has an
    icon in the taskbar - there's a space for it on the taskbar, but it's blank. Also, if I try and run Groove by pressing Start and typing Groove, it doesn't appear and it doesn't appear on my apps list. To actually run groove, I have to go to Store, search for
    Groove and it shows "This product is installed" - clicking the Open button on the store opens groove and it works (with a blank icon) - I pinned the blank icon to the taskbar so it's sort of working fine, but obviously something's gone wrong. Can I repair
    the installation?

AndrewFromEssex, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search

cottonball, Jun 15, 2017
  5. djlevan Win User
    Tried as suggested, still does not work. it is still the same.

djlevan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search

1. Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search - Similar Threads - Applications Icons Shows

2. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application icon not showing properly in search: This issue is widespread and there's many posts on all manner of forums over the internet, and I've tired every single potential solution I can find to solve the issue but the problem persists. I'm trying to upload a photo here but it says failed every time no matter what the...
  3. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  4. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  5. Some Icons Not Showing in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Some Icons Not Showing in Windows Search: As far as I know right now, this is happening with three apps. Zoom, Razer Cortex, and Razer Synapse. When I search for them, I don't see their actual icons, just the default Windows app icon. While I can still open the apps from Search even though they don't show their...
  6. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Pro Problem is some icons are not showing / blank when related programs are open. It only affects some random programs like Microsoft Store, Image Glass.. etc. and I don't remember when did this issue exactly started to happen. I also googled it and...
  7. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
    Application icon not showing properly in search: I am unable to view the application icons as well as microsoft office in the start though it is installed. on second user it is working properly. Please solve this issue...
  8. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
    Application icon not showing properly in search: Hi! I also have this problem. 1. Deleting IconCache and rebooting did not help 2. Creating a different account has the correct icons for 2nd account but when I come back to my account, icons are missing. From what I can tell it happened after updating to 1903...
  9. some icons show blank generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    some icons show blank generic icon: i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however. 149110
  10. Some Icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons not showing on taskbar: I am running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 - Build 18362. Since the last 2 Windows update some icons are not showing when pinning to the task bar or when programs are open. So far the programs not showing an icon but just a white line at the bottom of the taskbar are Edge,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar shows blank icon

2. blank taskbar

3. icon on taskbar shows blank

4. task bar shows many blank icons in the running aplpications,
  5. some icons are blank on task bar ,
  6. program no longer shows solitaire icon on taskbar but space remains