Windows 10: Windows appropriation of my external drive

Discus and support Windows appropriation of my external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my external drives has been total appropriated apparently. It is now called 'local disk' and I cannot open it. I don't want it. I want it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EileenJK, Mar 3, 2020.

1. EileenJK Win User

Windows appropriation of my external drive

One of my external drives has been total appropriated apparently. It is now called 'local disk' and I cannot open it. I don't want it. I want it back as it was. Is this possible, and when was there any communication about my wishes on this matter?

:)

EileenJK, Mar 3, 2020

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows appropriation of my external drive - Similar Threads - appropriation external drive

2. external drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external drives: I have 4 external hard drives attached to my win 11 pc, their power supplies are activated by a switchable power supply, when I switch the power strip ON I hear 3 beeps, but 4 health drives are ready for use, switching the strip off only has 3 beeps; SHOULDN'T THERE BE 4...
  3. USB stick appropriate format for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB stick appropriate format for Windows: Greetings everyone. I couldn't find a better community to ask my question. I have two USB sticks (8 & 32 GB) and I forgot which format they came in when I purchased them. Recently I used both to get a Windows installation using the Media Creation Tool. Now I want to format...
  4. external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drives: when I connect my usb thumb drive my computer makes the "you connected something sound" but the drive doesn't show up in file explorer. i have previosly used this thumb drive on a mac computer what is going on?...
  5. external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external drive: I have an external drive that works fine on 3 of the computers in my house, but one of my computers claims its write protected and i cant use the drive with that computer. Please help me...
  6. External drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drives: all of a sudden, two of my external drives disappeared with all their data. I don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives/bd109d28-d715-4f6e-bcc5-e9b35e03f801
  7. external drive

external drive: why does my external hard drive not show up when plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive/22680883-9ac7-4f0d-8010-205cd29020cb
  8. external drive

external drive: I have an older external drive I'm trying to use so I can empty some memory so I can download upgrade to windows 10 any advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive/9936bf50-dd8a-4172-9aa3-9563d4996699
  9. External Drive.

External Drive.: Hi, I have a Seagate Barracuda ATA Mod.ST3120023A hard drive with XP installed. Is it possible to insert it in an external caddy with a usb connection and then boot into win xp from my Win10 64 bit PC to recover some files. And then I would like to format the drive and use...
  10. Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows things that My D drive is an external drive: Windows things that My D drive is an external drive does anyone know how to fix this? any help is much APRICATED Thanks in advanced [img] 85780