Windows 10: windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

Discus and support windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC with more than 40 GB of windows apps folders with random names (multiple instances of DisneyMagiKingoms.... Marchofempires , etc).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Petar Stoychev, Sep 4, 2019.

1. windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

Hi,

I have a PC with more than 40 GB of windows apps folders with random names (multiple instances of DisneyMagiKingoms.... Marchofempires , etc).

These games are not installed. Cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Apps - do not appear there.
    Cannot be deleted - even with taking over ownership, etc.

Attached is a snip from spacesniffer... My 100 GB on C are all full, but I cannot get rid of these 40GB of fantom games..

thx in advance
    Peter

:)

Petar Stoychev, Sep 4, 2019

2. Deleting Multiple Email from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• Type mail in the search box to open mail app.
    • click on the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
    • click on enter selection mode in the search
      area.
    • click on multiple emails and click on delete.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 4, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

1. windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete - Similar Threads - apps multiple files

2. Deleting Multiple Apps - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Multiple Apps - Windows 10: I want to delete a large number of apps from my pc Windows 10 - I have tried in settings Apps and Features but if I have to do it individually there, it will take forever! Is there a way of deleting multiple apps at the same time? Thanks...
  3. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted: I am making space in my hard drive to install different games specifically, the Halo: Master Chief Collection which is quite large. Even though I've deleted files, the storage is still very full. After using an external program to check the storage properly, it shows that in...
  4. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted: I am making space in my hard drive to install different games specifically, the Halo: Master Chief Collection which is quite large. Even though I've deleted files, the storage is still very full. After using an external program to check the storage properly, it shows that in...
  5. Windows Apps in Program Files cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows update version 20H2 - Around 40 gb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update version 20H2 - Around 40 gb: Last week I got my PC in sleeping mode and suddenly Windows started updating, to 20H2 version, and only today I noticed that around 40 gb from my storage space is gone I don't remember precisely but I had around 52 gb free, now it's 7,7 gb free. My system got 500gb, 464...
  7. how to delete 198 GB of files

in Windows 10 Support
    how to delete 198 GB of files: I have copied 198 GB of files from my E: drive to an external SSD. What is the best way to delete these files on the E: drive. 167443
  8. windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete: Hi, I have a PC with more than 40 GB of windows apps folders with random names (multiple instances of DisneyMagiKingoms.... Marchofempires , etc). These games are not installed. Cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Apps - do not appear there. Cannot be deleted - even...
  9. Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps: So my desktop is running out of storage. I found the location the app files are saved at. My computer came preinstalled with these games: Disney Magic Kingdoms March of Empires Bubble Witch Saga 3 Candy Crush Soda Sag I deleted these games but came across saved files from...
  10. Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Cannot delete Windows Apps files: Attached is a list of Windows apps files I moved to a user folder on my system. I am unable to delete the folder containing these files even after I take ownership. I have long cleaned up my system of the store and windows 10 apps. Any idea how I could delete these files?...