Windows 10: windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

Discus and support windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC with more than 40 GB of windows apps folders with random names (multiple instances of DisneyMagiKingoms.... Marchofempires , etc).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Petar Stoychev, Sep 4, 2019.

1. windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

Hi,

I have a PC with more than 40 GB of windows apps folders with random names (multiple instances of DisneyMagiKingoms.... Marchofempires , etc).

These games are not installed. Cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Apps - do not appear there.
    Cannot be deleted - even with taking over ownership, etc.

Attached is a snip from spacesniffer... My 100 GB on C are all full, but I cannot get rid of these 40GB of fantom games..

thx in advance
    Peter

:)

Petar Stoychev, Sep 4, 2019

2. Deleting Multiple Email from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• Type mail in the search box to open mail app.
    • click on the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
    • click on enter selection mode in the search
      area.
    • click on multiple emails and click on delete.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 4, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

Cannot delete Windows Apps files

Suggested options for undeletable items:
    1. Delete when Windows is not running
    a. from a command prompt via SHIFT + left click Restart and navigate to a command prompt
    - if you are very confident in using it.
    b. boot your system from a boot disk such as Kyhi's availabel from the top of the Software and Apps section. Familiar file explorer

2. Use a 3rd party utility which can be set to delete on reboot (outside Windows).
    e.g.
    EMCO Moveonboot
    Fileassassin (files only)

Note: radical steps to remove all those saves relatively little space.
    Much safer to use the tutorials here to remove unwanted apps using Powershell.

dalchina, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

1. windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete - Similar Threads - apps multiple files

2. windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows apps - 40 GB, multiple files, cannot delete: Hi, I have a PC with more than 40 GB of windows apps folders with random names (multiple instances of DisneyMagiKingoms.... Marchofempires , etc). These games are not installed. Cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Apps - do not appear there. Cannot be deleted - even...
  3. Deleted Windows apps files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted Windows apps files: I think I might have deleted some files that are required to run all the windows apps like Store, Groove etc. I can't open the apps but when I try they just flash on the screen and shut down. I tried this dudes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-yYa4CKg0 first method using...
  4. Windows Explorer - cannot delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - cannot delete files: Windows explorer does not respond to pressing the Delete button with the subject file highlighted. Also, the command buttons "Recycle" and "Permanently delete" do not work. I have to use powershell to delete any files. Please advise....
  5. Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps

Cannot Delete Preinstalled Game Files / Cannot Delete Usless Apps: So my desktop is running out of storage. I found the location the app files are saved at. My computer came preinstalled with these games: Disney Magic Kingdoms March of Empires Bubble Witch Saga 3 Candy Crush Soda Sag I deleted these games but came across saved files from...
  6. Cannot Delete a File on Windows 10

Cannot Delete a File on Windows 10: I can't delete a file from an external drive: [ATTACH] This is what its properties look like: [ATTACH] There are 63 items in total like this. Command prompts don't work because certain characters appear weird, like this: [ATTACH] Any help would be great!...
  7. Cannot delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete file: I use gvim to edit a file named "expr.ml" and somehow another file named "expr.ml~" appears beside "expr.ml". I tried to delete "expr.ml~" but with no luck. I've tried: Right click > Delete. It says "Preparing to cancel" (Cancel what?!) while at the same time "Preparing...
  8. Cannot delete Windows Apps files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Windows Apps files: Attached is a list of Windows apps files I moved to a user folder on my system. I am unable to delete the folder containing these files even after I take ownership. I have long cleaned up my system of the store and windows 10 apps. Any idea how I could delete these files?...
  9. Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?: Hi is it a good idea to install windows 10 x64 bit on a 40 GB HDD? I know that the minimum HDD space requirement is 20 GB. I'm planning to only use that drive for OS/updates only and programs will be installed someone else. I want to see if my computer is able to handle...
  10. Deleting Multiple files by creation time

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Multiple files by creation time: Hi all, I have software that backs up hourly to a local folder, however for archive purposes i do not need every backup, is there a way to delete all files created at time X:XX or to at least sort by time? 90214