Windows 10: Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

Discus and support Windows Apps and Photo App not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new Dell Computer that is just over a month old and am having problems with App's not opening. These are App's from the Microsoft Store as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerry G 1948, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

I have a new Dell Computer that is just over a month old and am having problems with App's not opening. These are App's from the Microsoft Store as well as a Dell Support APP. This also happens in my Photo Library when I right click on a photo to review on the open with photo's. I have done all of the suggested fixes in settings and have settings set to open App's when the Computer is started. This problem started two weeks ago after a Microsoft update. Removing the update did not resolve the problem. I briefly resolved this issue for a couple of weeks but the issue resurfaced when I started the Computer today. These are the App's from the Microsoft Store that won't open, Microsoft Store, Weather, Speed Test, Snip Tool, Dell Support, to list a few. As I said I checked on settings and there was no change in the settings for the App's. All of these App's I have used for years on previous computers so I am familiar with their use. Finally on previous computers I always used open with Windows Photo Viewer for reviewing photo's but on this Computer Microsoft changed the App to open with Photo's to review photo's, which I don't understand why Microsoft felt it was necessary to change an App that was working well with an App that doesn't work all of the time.

:)

Jerry G 1948, Mar 26, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Open with another app 'photos'

When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like paint and photos are in the list as they should be but this is a rogue one. Does anyone else see this?

Scottyboy99, Mar 26, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

Open with another app 'photos'

I've just checked my own and for comparison this is what appears when selecting open with for a .jpg photo file:

Windows Apps and Photo App not opening [​IMG]

If I select an image file which doesn't have associations set such as a GIMP .xcf file I see an open with... and clicking this gets to the alternative windows apps selection box:

I wonder if this gives you a clue to what your missing app should be?

philc43, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

1. Windows Apps and Photo App not opening - Similar Threads - Apps Photo App

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  6. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  7. Windows Photos App not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos App not opening: Hi guys,My Photos app will not open, I have tried pretty much everything.- It crashes shortly after opening if I try to open it directly- If I open via double clicking a photo, it'll just display a black screenIncluding -Running troubleshooterRunning both DISM & SFCWindows 10...
  8. Windows Photos App not opening

Windows Photos App not opening: Hi guys,My Photos app will not open, I have tried pretty much everything.- It crashes shortly after opening if I try to open it directly- If I open via double clicking a photo, it'll just display a black screenIncluding -Running troubleshooterRunning both DISM & SFCWindows 10...
  9. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  10. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2