Windows 10: windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos

Discus and support windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my laptop froze while doing some kind of search there were appx 3 other apps or jobs running but cannot recall the total no response to any input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeLD_99, Apr 8, 2021.

1. MikeLD_99 Win User

windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos

my laptop froze while doing some kind of search there were appx 3 other apps or jobs running but cannot recall the total

no response to any input after about 8 minutes. so I powered down the laptop by holding in the power button which i've done before

after rebooting, several apps stopped working, my personalized setups were gone, quick access pinned areas were gone.

I have manually restored some of that but CANNOT get paint or calculator or photos or calendar to work.

all attempts to trouble shoot, repair or fix anything gives me this response "we couldn't reset this app. try again in a bit".

How do I restore my windows apps and/or repair any corrupted launch points?

:)

MikeLD_99, Apr 8, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Windows Photos app - "It appears that the file was moved or renamed" when scrolling through photos

Hi,

There are several reason why this issue occurs. This could be a possible settings issue on Windows Photo app. For the first step resolution, we suggest that you perform a

System File Checker
    to scan and repair a possible missing or corrupted system files.

You may also try to reset the Windows Photo app by following the steps below:

• Press windows button + R
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Note: If you follow the Windows Photo app reset it will go back to its original state. To avoid missing or corrupted files, we recommend that you backup the files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Chris8875 Win User

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos [​IMG]

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos [​IMG]

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos - Similar Threads - apps appear corrupted

2. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  3. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  4. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  5. Icons appear in photos app

Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  6. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  7. Calculator and Photos Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calculator and Photos Crash: Hello, my name is Hafidz. my windows suddenly can't open calculator and photos. Every time i click the symbol of photos and calculators there are not any window apps that pop up/display in my screen. I hope that you can show me the procedure how to fix it so i can use these...
  8. Windows Start Menu, Apps and Text are "glitched" or "corrupted"? (EXAMPLE PICTURES)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start Menu, Apps and Text are "glitched" or "corrupted"? (EXAMPLE PICTURES): Problem happened in the past hour. I haven't downloaded anything in the past two days. Tried a system restore, but that didn't help. sfc scan didn't bring up anything. There are NO problems in safe mode. Is it graphics related? Thank you all. https://imgur.com/a/g0rDspu...
  9. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working: This error keeps showing up when i open calculator or photos. It says they've been updating but this happened 2 weeks ago and it still happens. I tried checking for updates but nothing happened. How can i fix it?[ATTACH]...
  10. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...