Windows 10: Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc

Discus and support Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, initially i had problem with all the windows app after windows update. so, I seeked help from microsoft tech support. He downloaded the ios file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pratiyushsah, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc

hello, initially i had problem with all the windows app after windows update. so, I seeked help from microsoft tech support. He downloaded the ios file and run it then i resert my computer. after reseting the computer I am able to use start icon, connect wifi but still I'm unable to browsers,settings , cortana, microsoft onedrive and many other things. also, my system has become very very slow. It also shows file system error (12004).
    please help me.

:)

pratiyushsah, Oct 24, 2018
  2. dskiller Win User

Settings App vs. Control Panel?

one day the control panel will be completely gone.

but microsoft has to take baby steps to avoid problems.

and other companys will have to convert their control panel files to work with the settings app.

dskiller, Oct 24, 2018
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc

1. Windows Apps are not working like settings, coratana, browsers, control panel etc - Similar Threads - Apps are working

2. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  3. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  4. Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...: A friend who uses an older HP laptop that's running Windows 10 use Google Chrome as her browser. She recently told me that after each online session, she goes to Control Panel / Internet Options and Deletes her browsing history and cookies. I told her that I think doing that...
  5. Saved passwords, emails etc. on apps like Steam and browsers like Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saved passwords, emails etc. on apps like Steam and browsers like Edge: This question may be dumb but I've never done this before. I'm getting a new computer soon. If I factory reset my current computer, will all saved passwords (on apps like Steam) and automatic logins for things like Gmail be removed from the computer? Thanks submitted by...
  6. Nvidia Control Panel app(?) not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel app(?) not working: I decided to update my nvidia drivers, so I downloaded the latest game ready driver package for my gtx 960, used nvslimmer to trim away the stuff I don't want installed, leaving the install core, physX, and the display drivers, updated, and it seems to have went fine then I...
  7. Control Panel AND Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  8. Windows Settings: menu instead of app, like Control Panel in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Settings: menu instead of app, like Control Panel in Windows 7: In Windows 7 we had the option of displaying the control panel as cascading menus from the Start button, instead of as a separate application. Is there a similar way to do that with Settings in Windows 10? 138111
  9. App & Browser Control Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b
  10. Settings App vs. Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?: I've tried using the Settings App, but I always seem to end up using Control Panel? Is it just me, or is the Settings App just a partial duplication of CP? 9986

Users found this page by searching for:

1. خطأ فايل سيستم 12004