Windows 10: Windows apps are not working

Discus and support Windows apps are not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Step 1 wsReset error: You need a new app to open Windows defender, start menu doesn't work either Step 2 Powershell $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Snow vase, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Snow vase Win User

Windows apps are not working

Step 1
    wsReset
    error: You need a new app to open Windows defender,

start menu doesn't work either

Step 2
    Powershell
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    error: Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.

i also get a lot more red errors and some yellow.

Step 3
    sfc/ scannow
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Step 4
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Image version: 10.0.10586.0
    100%
    No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.
    The restore operation completed successfully.

all of the problems happend after i factory resetted my laptop.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

Snow vase, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows apps are not working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows apps are not working - Similar Threads - apps are working

2. Windows Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps not working: Recently every one of windows apps on my computer stopped working. Even Windows update shows error installing "2024-01 Aktualizácia zabezpečenia pre Windows 10 Version 22H2 pre systémy s procesorom typu x64 KB5034441" Unfortunately, I didn't notice when this thing occured. I...
  3. Windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps not working: A couple of days ago my computer did an automatic Windows update from the Microsoft website. Since then, most of my Windows apps are not running. My HP Smart app is not working as well. When I try using the HP Smart app or the Windows snipping tool or try to turn on my...
  4. Windows apps not working

Windows apps not working: A couple of days ago my computer did an automatic Windows update from the Microsoft website. Since then, most of my Windows apps are not running. My HP Smart app is not working as well. When I try using the HP Smart app or the Windows snipping tool or try to turn on my...
  5. Windows Apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps not working: Hai!I have been Windows 10 for a long time. I have never faced this type of problem. All the Windows 10 apps in my computer doesn't even working properly. It just opens up and closes immediately. Even the Microsoft Store is not not opening.I cant install any apps. Is there...
  6. No windows apps are working

No windows apps are working: First I noticed my Windows Photo App wasn't working. It won't even open. I've tried troubleshooting and resetting it but nothing is working. The Microsoft Store App is also not working. I went to the website instead to try and download a new photo app, but it wont let me...
  7. Windows Apps Not Working?

Windows Apps Not Working?: Every since the last windows update none of the windows applications are working for me anymore. When I try to open the windows store it either doesn't do anything or opens for a second and closes. This is the error I get whenever I try to use something like photos,...
  8. Windows apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps not working: It appears my preloaded Windows Apps have stopped working, HP jumpstart, solitaire, other games and even the calculator etc won't launch properly when I click on them, when I do, the window will pop up but then close immediately, the PC has all the latest updates on it...
  9. Windows Apps not working

Windows Apps not working: None of the windows apps are not working in my system (Win 10 Home edition). Please can you help. The various options I have done so far includes:- 1. Windows App troubleshooter 2. Creating new account 3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth 4. sfc /scannow 5....
  10. Windows app not working

Windows app not working: I have not used it for a while but last night I tried to go to Windows 10 Store app and it would not come up. Looked like it started to and then stopped or closed back down again. 50073

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1026.13580.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe