Windows 10: windows apps as a black box and start stays open

Discus and support windows apps as a black box and start stays open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; since today all my windows apps, like skype preview, control panel, winows store and such all do start but they show a small black box when hovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by delfiler, Jul 17, 2017.

1. delfiler Win User

windows apps as a black box and start stays open

since today all my windows apps, like skype preview, control panel, winows store and such all do start but they show a small black box when hovered over in the toolbar and when clicked appear for half a second then disapear, even start stays open when clicked on an empty spot on the desktop or anywhere else and has to be manually close.

nothing new was downloaded or installed anyone know what is going on?

:)

delfiler, Jul 17, 2017

2. Hello my windows 10 store crashes after selecting an app

It might be enough to right click Start, open a Run box, type wsreset.exe.

Wait for black box to close and Store app to open.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Microsoft Photos not working

Tried this. Now the black box opens for photos and stays up for a few more seconds then closes. Also I can open Photos now by itself but its just the black box with Photos top left and box options (min max close) on top right and can't do anything with
    it.

BobEColdSteel, Jul 17, 2017
  4. delfiler Win User

update: i also can't show any images

delfiler, Jul 17, 2017
  5. delfiler Win User
    apperently all i had to do was uninstall microsoft visual c++ 2013 (x64) and reboot my pc and everything was back to normal

delfiler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows apps as a black box and start stays open - Similar Threads - apps black box

2. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  3. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  4. Apps blacked and not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps blacked and not opening: So I just recently upgraded my Sister's laptop from 8.1 to 10 pro. After setting up all stuffs and updating drivers etc. I downloaded Minecraft and other things for her. Next day We saw the default apps aren't opening as well as apps and games from store. They're all black...
  5. Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator: I noticed this in version 1909 and it continued into 2004. When I right-click on an app in Start (command prompt, for example) to run it as administrator, the app comes up but the Start Menu does not close. When I run the same app by left-clicking on it, the Start Menu...
  6. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App: Yo Xperts, Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection? A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or check for updates. Thx, Joe...
  7. windows settings app won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8
  8. Screen stays black after opening lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen stays black after opening lid: I have been getting this issue recently and out of nowhere. I've set my laptop to do nothing if the lid is closed. Previously it would work perfectly. II clos the lid and then re open it the screen wakes up fine. But now whenever i open the lid, the screen turns on...
  9. Facebook App Will not Stay Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook App Will not Stay Open: On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build. Uninstall/reinstall no fix. Went to store tried updates there no updates. Rebooted computer after reinstall no fix. New laptop less than...
  10. PC starts but screen always stays Black

in Windows 10 Support
    PC starts but screen always stays Black: I was trying to find out why my new PC always starts with a black screen for about 40 to 50 seconds before starting at the Welcome/sign-in screen. I was testing if the same thing would happen if I tried starting in safe mode. I went to "run/msconif/boot tab and checked start...