Windows 10: Windows apps blacked out in start menu

Discus and support Windows apps blacked out in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 22878, Jul 16, 2020.

1. 22878 Win User

Windows apps blacked out in start menu

It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot open. Why did this happen all the sudden? I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10. Version10.0.18363 Build 18363 It started a few days ago before the update.

:)

22878, Jul 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows apps blacked out in start menu

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows apps blacked out in start menu

1. Windows apps blacked out in start menu - Similar Threads - apps blacked start

2. Bugged out windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged out windows start menu: - Unable to open my brave browser its somehow stuck in another dimension. I can see the preview but nothing open up. -Random login without password. Just start-up bar and no icon. -Brave Browers and others opening multiped tab at once. 14 tab open. -Happened after new window...
  3. Bugged out windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugged out windows start menu: - Unable to open my brave browser its somehow stuck in another dimension. I can see the preview but nothing open up. -Random login without password. Just start-up bar and no icon. -Brave Browers and others opening multiped tab at once. 14 tab open. -Happened after new window...
  4. Blacked out apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blacked out apps: Hello! My laptop has an issue where some or all the apps are blacked out and I can not open them as seen on the image. This thing has been going around for quite a while now and I want to get rid of it. I don't want to lose any data on my laptop while trying to get rid of...
  5. Microsoft apps are blacked out on start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft apps are blacked out on start.: Almost every microsoft/ windows app is blacked out. Other windows apps which aren't pinned to start do not open and after I pin them to start they are blacked out too. I saw a post on reddit about it and few people said that they are updating. I have 70 mbps wifi so I don't...
  6. Blacked out apps on Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blacked out apps on Start: This whole week my laptop has been experiencing problems 1st my screen and taskbar always kept refreshing every 5-20 minutes and then now the Microsoft Store app has been blacked or blocked out. It looks like the picture I put below and it just happened right after I updated...
  7. Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Crimson_Blade_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4wfws/windows_default_apps_glitching_out_in_the_start/
  8. Windows start menu bugging out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu bugging out: After a while, my pc has started to press random buttons including the up arrow key, and the alt key when I open the windows start menu. I have no idea how this happens and why it is only in the start menu, but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!...
  9. Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu- Move Apps out of Folders: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo S340 laptop with Microsoft software. In my start menu I have some apps contained in folders. I want to move some of these apps out of the folders so they can be stand alone apps and then to able to delete the folders if I choose. Can someone...
  10. Start Menu text is Black

in Cortana
    Start Menu text is Black: Hey y'all, To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the search/start menu before this. Whether I have the theme in Light or Dark Mode, when I search something on Cortana it looks like this:...