Windows 10: Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are...

Discus and support Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I need help identifying these Windows Apps I blocked from communicating in the internet through Bitdefender Firewall. Are these apps legitimate and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WharsonArguelles, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are...

Hi, I need help identifying these Windows Apps I blocked from communicating in the internet through Bitdefender Firewall. Are these apps legitimate and critically needed for Windows to function? Specific explanation/answer about each application is much appreciated. The application backgroundTaskHost.exe attempted to connect to the Internet: File path: C:\Windows\System32\backgroundTaskHost.exe Destination: Protocol: TCP Port: HTTPS The application SDXHelper.exe attempted to connect to the Internet: File path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX64\Microsoft Shared

:)

WharsonArguelles, Sep 11, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Sep 11, 2021
  4. koutejj Win User

Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are...

My Bitdefender ts blocks the windows projector.

Hello :], my antivirus keep blocking the windows project app.

Now I need to add a rule in bitdefender firewall but I don't know where is the app path.

koutejj, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are...

1. Windows Apps blocked by Bitdefender Firewall legit? I Need help in Identifying if these are... - Similar Threads - Apps blocked Bitdefender

2. Need help identifying this issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help identifying this issue.: Blue screen of death help. What does this mean:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 1/19/2024 6:00:07 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Taylor Description: The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. Firewall Blocking apps and services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Blocking apps and services: My firewall blocking syncing of time and date where or how do add it allow list on firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocking-apps-and-services/375a6725-f245-4547-a39a-68e9bb35f33b
  4. Need Help With Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help With Windows Firewall: From this Windows Report article "How to see if Windows Firewall is blocking a port or program" I found that with this command netsh firewall show state showing different result in my machine.Please see below screenshots. See Ports currently open on all network interfaces...
  5. Need Help With Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help With Windows Firewall: From this Windows Report article "How to see if Windows Firewall is blocking a port or program" I found that with this command netsh firewall show state showing different result in my machine.Please see below screenshots. See Ports currently open on all network interfaces...
  6. Windows and Other App/Program Warned by Bitdefender Firewall Help needed regarding...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows and Other App/Program Warned by Bitdefender Firewall Help needed regarding...: Hi, I need help in identifying the Windows and other App/Programs warned by Bitdefender Total Security Firewall attempting to connect to the internet. Since I am not familiar or sure regarding the apps, I clicked "Block". Can anyone in the community help determine if the...
  7. I need help identifying this icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help identifying this icon: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and I first noticed a new icon on my taskbar. I clicked on the icon, and it moved to the system tray. When I hover my mouse over the icon, the title of the application doesn't pop-up like the other icons in the system tray. Nothing happens...
  8. windows firewall message, is this legit?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows firewall message, is this legit?: Got this message while browsing google news. Was this a scam?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-message-is-this-legit/7792ec00-e591-418a-8686-7751cf6f1407"
  9. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  10. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"