Windows 10: Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup.

Discus and support Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am tired of this issue where Windows Apps that are necessary crashing all the time on startup. I have tried each and every thing that has to be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mysterychemical, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup.

I am tired of this issue where Windows Apps that are necessary crashing all the time on startup. I have tried each and every thing that has to be done which are listed below:

1. SFC /SCANNOW (this found issue and couldn't fix) [Restart Done]

2. Ran DISM RESTOREHEALTH command and it restored.(afterwards that SFC/SCANNOW did not find any integrity violations) [Restart Done]

3. Reset crashing apps individually(not fixed) and afterwards uninstall and reinstall(not fixed) and then reset Microsoft Store(not fixed). [Restart Done]

4. Uninstalled all Windows Store Apps installed on system and its leftovers using Revo Uninstaller. [Restart Done]

5. Reinstalled only required Apps like Calculator and Alarm & Clock(same issue)

6. Created new User with both Standard and Administrator Rights(same issue with both rights on that new account too)

7. Ran PC on Safe Mode without Networking and still same issue.

8. Contacted Microsoft Support and had Remote Session Fix(and still same issue)

9. This is the most wasted time of my entire Windows Troubleshooting history for such dumb issue.

10. I did not install Windows just to hear "Do Reset, it will fix". So, then I have to reset and reinstalled all the software again and again each and everytime this kind of dumb issue arises? Even App Troubleshooter finds "Apps crashing and closing couldn't fix" Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup. :D What is the point of that Troubleshooter if it can't fix. I haven't installed any software recently just crashing issue outta nowhere. Everything is up-to-date, Apps and Windows too. Have an internet connection, fully operable PC, Windows 10 installation USB and still same line saying "Reset and everything will fix" Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup. :D Just tired of this statement.

11. By the way I did the Windows Powershell Command that uninstalls, reinstalls and registers all Windows Default Apps.(and same issue.)

:)

mysterychemical, Jan 31, 2019

2. Alarms and Clock app is crashing

There was an update for the Alarms and Clock app today but unfortunately it has not fixed this problem. The app still crashes when the World Clock tab is selected.

The suggestions from Syed did not help.

pjcoldrick, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Groove Music is crashing!!!

I am running Build 10586.164 and am unable to use groove Music on my Windows 10 Laptop. Groove Music crashes immediately after opening, and its been months since this problem has occurred. I have tried various solutions:

• I have tried uninstalling and installing the app again.
    • I have run Sfc scans in CMD.
    • I also ran some commands in Powershell.
    • I used troubleshoot
    All of these measures were unable to solve my problem. I am not a Computer Wiz, I just searched the internet, and found these measures.

this is not only with Groove Music, apps such as Twitter are also crashing.

Please help ASAP.

SiddharthBapna, Jan 31, 2019
  4. RJKESAR Win User

Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup.

WINDOWS 10 ALARMS AND CLOCK PREINSTALLED APP (OF MICROSOFT CORPORATION) DOESNT WORK AND CRASHES

WINDOWS 10 PC ALARMS AND CLOCK APP,UNDER ALARMS TAB, CRASHED AND CLOSES DOWN WHEN + SIGN OR ADD NEW ALARM OPTION IS PRESSED.ALSO THE DEFAULT ALARM PRESENT OF 7 AM CANNOT BE EDITED IN TERMS OF TIME AND OTHER SETTINGS.ALSO WHEN SHORTCUT IS CREATED OF CALCULATOR
    APP ITS COLOR DOESNOT COME ONLY A BLANK WHITE ICON IS DISPLAYED ON DESKTOP.PLEASE GUIDE ME ON HOW TO MAKE ALARMS APP WORKING AND SET NEW ALARMS AND USE THIS APP.

RJKESAR, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup.

1. Windows Apps(Calculator, Alarm & Clock, Groove Music and some other) crashing on startup. - Similar Threads - Apps Calculator Alarm

2. Alarms and Clock app problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alarms and Clock app problem: After the latest Win 10 cumulative update KB5000802, the new Alarms and Clock app has multiple problems. The Timer and the Alarm functions do not work. For both, an error message pops up: "Something went wrong - restarting the device might help 0x-2143420155". Restarting...
  3. Alarms & Clock App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock App: Why did the Alarms & Clock app increase the size of the Timer displays? They are huge compared to before, I used to manage timers in a small window, but now I have to enlarge the app to full screen to see just 6 timers. All I want to see is the name of the timer, the...
  4. Microsoft Photos, Groove Music and some other apps not functioning.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photos, Groove Music and some other apps not functioning.: So after i upgraded my laptop from 1809 to 1909. some of my Microsoft apps were missing such as Photos, Store, Groove, etc. After googling and trying all the answers suggested in the microsoft community it still didnt work. Later i thought an upgrade to 2004 might help but no...
  5. Windows Music Alarm Clock app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Music Alarm Clock app: Hello, I use the Music Alarm Clock app. I keep it up on my screen all the time to see the time of day. Today, it stopped functioning. The time of day is locked at 1:00 pm. I have reset the Music Alarm Clock app to no avail. Please help. Thank you, Richard...
  6. Groove Music, Alarms & Clocks, Calculator, and Microsoft Store won't open and does not...

Groove Music, Alarms & Clocks, Calculator, and Microsoft Store won't open and does not...: Help, I want to open Groove Music, Calculator, Alarms & Clocks, and Microsoft Store on my computer, but it won't open, on the Start Menu, it has an updating status and then it stops and then when I click on it, it doesn't open, help, what can I do?...
  7. ALARM AND CLOCK app

ALARM AND CLOCK app: when I set alarms or timer they are not working and not have any notifications about them when their time expires but a whitish appearance of action center symbol is observed and once I opened nothing in that action center...
  8. Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.

Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App Problem.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and everything was fine then. But recently I am experiencing an issue which is with Windows 'Alarms & Clock' App. I cannot set new alarms and new alarms are not showing up in Windows Alarm & Clock App and when I...
  9. Groove music app ?

Groove music app ?: Why does this feel so half done. I used to love the Zune software. It practically was my home page back in the day. Why is this so feature less? I hope they are going to add more features to this software. The one feature i was looking to use was the create radio stations but...
  10. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

Calculator,Groove Music is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and... but doesn't work for me . On my other user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not now i want create a new user but i have many app in my...