Windows 10: Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives

Discus and support Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have various Microsoft store apps on C drive, H drive, E drive, and N drive all internal drives. I have "New apps are saved to" as the H drive.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tbone338, Apr 26, 2020.

1. tbone338 Win User

Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives

I have various Microsoft store apps on C drive, H drive, E drive, and N drive all internal drives. I have "New apps are saved to" as the H drive.

Whenever I boot, windows keeps saying that the apps on E and N only these drives are offline and that the storage device is missing or disconnected. The drives work perfectly fine besides these windows apps. All other programs run fin, the drives are fully accessible.

The only temporary fix is to go into disk management and turn the affected drives offline and online, then windows immediately recognizes them and the apps launch fine.

If I move the apps to H or C, they work perfectly fine all the time.

:)

tbone338, Apr 26, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. Xylee Del Win User
    hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows apps can’t open storage offline or disconnected. Only Specific drives - Similar Threads - apps can’t open

2. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  3. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  4. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  5. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  6. DiRT Rally 2.0 Windows can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DiRT Rally 2.0 Windows can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be...: Hello, recently i bought DIRT Rally 2.0 game and the first time i started the game it opened just fine, but i couldnt play the game because it had connection issues so i restarted my computer. After the restart the game started giving this error "DiRT Rally 2.0 Windows...
  7. Can’t save offline maps to other drives it only shows my windows c

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t save offline maps to other drives it only shows my windows c: Cant save offline maps in windows 10 it only shows windows c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-save-offline-maps-to-other-drives-it-only/515c2ffd-22d5-4475-888f-6d9d672e1a25
  8. [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected

[Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected: Hello all, Almost every App I have acquired via the Microsoft Store is returning the following error when I try to run it: [Title] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected. Mostly, these are games from within the XBox Beta App...
  9. Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps can’t open storage missing or disconnected: I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD C:, while all of my documents and media are on a Sabrent 1TB NVME SSD G:. I have all of my windows apps and programs on a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD H:. I have another Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SATA SSD E: that is...
  10. App can’t open (storage missing or disconnected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App can’t open (storage missing or disconnected): I recently got a free trial of Xbox game pass. I have windows installed to a Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD (C:), while all of my documents and media are on a Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (H:). All of my windows store apps and programs are also installed to the H: drive. I have...