Windows 10: Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

Discus and support Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help! The Photos app keeps crashing when I open it and then it freezes my laptop too. As well, playing videos (whether with the Films app or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tarisai Chido, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

Please help!

The Photos app keeps crashing when I open it and then it freezes my laptop too.

As well, playing videos (whether with the Films app or online - YouTube, etc) freezes my laptop - but only always when my laptop's plugged in. Already tried resetting/reinstalling said apps & reinstalling Windows & restoring default libraries - nothing's worked.

:)

Tarisai Chido, Jan 3, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 3, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 3, 2019
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

SiSig_, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

1. Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop - Similar Threads - Apps Crashing Freezing

2. App freezes and crashes on update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App freezes and crashes on update.: Hello. I updated the phone connection app and the app reported a crash during the update. Should I look for ways to fix this, or is it normal for the app to crash on update? The app has been updated and is working fine....
  3. App freezes and crashes on update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App freezes and crashes on update.: Hello. I updated the phone connection app and the app reported a crash during the update. Should I look for ways to fix this, or is it normal for the app to crash on update? The app has been updated and is working fine....
  4. Laptop Freezing on Windowed Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezing on Windowed Apps: My laptop has this annoying issue where the apps and computer freeze and stutter at a frequency of every 10-30 minutes with a random CPU spike being one of the culprits that I've been able to see, apps such as Rhino 7 and Photoshop crash after continuous use like 20-30...
  5. Laptop Freezing on Windowed Apps

Laptop Freezing on Windowed Apps: My laptop has this annoying issue where the apps and computer freeze and stutter at a frequency of every 10-30 minutes with a random CPU spike being one of the culprits that I've been able to see, apps such as Rhino 7 and Photoshop crash after continuous use like 20-30...
  6. Laptop Freezing on Windowed Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  8. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  9. pc freezing/app crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezing/app crashing: pc keeps freezing and every app is crashing after 2004 update and also sleep button is not working at the time of freezing and mouse right click was also not working.can anyone help me out please?...
  10. pc freezing/app crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezing/app crashing: pc keeps freezing and every app is crashing after 2004 update and also sleep button is not working at the time of freezing and mouse right click was also not working.can anyone help me out please?...