Windows 10: Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet

Discus and support Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is what my antivirus (Avast) is telling me, and I'm running a smart scan as I type this. But am I truly protected from all viruses? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SuperDoom1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet

Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet b85ea62e-0233-4a3c-ab6b-d19125521331?upload=true.png

This is what my antivirus (Avast) is telling me, and I'm running a smart scan as I type this. But am I truly protected from all viruses? I mean, one of my computer's fans is broken, if I reboot it hangs on the first screen, and strangest of all, only apps downloaded from the Internet can access said Internet.

I can't update Windows, I can't access the Windows Store, I can't use MS Edge, I can't use the built-in eMail service, I can't even change the clock back to what it's supposed to be because my computer can't connect to Family Features. This is a big problem, because my computer's clock is an hour (sometimes two) off, and has been ever since Daylight Savings time...in the opposite direction of what would be expected. How does this make any sense? Why is this happening? And most importantly, how do I fix this dilemma?

:)

SuperDoom1, Jan 9, 2019

2. Apps from Windows store 10 do not connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet and browse?
    • Is this issue specific to Windows Store apps?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: If installed from the Windows store try to run a
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: Run inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    • Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 9, 2019
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet

1. Windows Apps Don't Connect to the Internet - Similar Threads - Apps Don't Connect

2. Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps don't connect to the internet only my browser does: None of my apps connect to the internet, except my browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-dont-connect-to-the-internet-only-my-browser/b53d649c-a63c-48df-af48-96103ea88000
  3. internet connected but apps cannot connect

internet connected but apps cannot connect: It started 3 days ago when I turned on my computer, everything seemed to be functioning properly, however once it got to starting programs like steam, origin, epic games launcher, and discord, they would all give me the same response. They all failed to go online, I began to...
  4. WIndows 10 apps not connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 apps not connecting to the internet: Hi, I have a surface book 2 and after a recent update, my windows 10 apps cannot connect to the internet. That means the store, Cortana, feedback hub, and any sign-in function. Also, I can't play any netherrealms game on steam which is MK11, MK10 and injustice. They all...
  5. Don't have internet connection

Don't have internet connection: Hello everyone, i turned pff my uac via regedit but since i turned it off i dont have internet. It shows that im connected and all but every application tells me that im not connected to the internet. I tried to turn the uac on, restarting the interent plugging of the...
  6. Office apps don't recognize internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office apps don't recognize internet connection.: I'm using the latest version of Windows 10. When I try to open a new Office document, I get a message saying it appears that I don't have an internet connection. I, in fact, do have an internet connection. This is something that has just recently happened. I installed Nord...
  7. I don't have internet connection

I don't have internet connection: Hi everyone, in this quarantine time I hope everyone is doing well in their home. I would like to ask about how to get connection in Windows 10. I don't have the wifi connection in my panel. Eventhough i'm doing reset network i'm not finding the solution after that. I don't...
  8. Internet connection for apps

Internet connection for apps: I'm currently dealing with issues with my internet connection. I have attempted to install games and recently I have tried to download Adobe but although I have internet connection it appears that I am offline. I can access chrome, but I am unable to appear online in apps...
  9. Windows apps not connecting to internet.

Windows apps not connecting to internet.: Only apps owned by windows like EDGE, STORE, NEWS, MAP, SPORTS etc are not connecting to internet, everything else(All third party apps) is working just fine. This is windows 10 PC....
  10. Apps no internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps no internet connection: Hi What is going on here? My apps worked fine yesterday and then when I shut down I had a windows update and now this morning again none of my apps are working. Most load to the initial page with the game or apps logo but refuses to go any further and like weather channel...