Windows 10: Windows Apps don't recognize microphone

Discus and support Windows Apps don't recognize microphone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a condenser mic running through a mixer M-Audio air 1926, connecting to Windows 10 via USB. There is NOTHING WRONG with the hardware,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesEx, Oct 4, 2020.

1. CharlesEx Win User

Windows Apps don't recognize microphone

I have a condenser mic running through a mixer M-Audio air 1926, connecting to Windows 10 via USB.

There is NOTHING WRONG with the hardware, configuration, or drivers. For example, certain apps like Ableton or Pro Tools find the microphone and it works just fine.

However, I cannot get other Windows Apps to work, particularly Skype or Zoom since I rely on them. Voice Recorder is especially frustrating because it will work one day but not another. In VR, I see the microphone icon, but it I click it, I get a message "Your microphone is not working." But actually it is.

I've tried the microphone privacy settings ... all those apps are set up to allow access to the microphone.

I don't know what else to try. To repeat: everything is fine. The speakers and mic show up in Windows. It's just that most apps can't use it. Other apps find it. For example, Ableton says the mic is not working presumably because it is relying on Windows, but it lets me select the mic ... and then it all works as expected.

I really need to get all the Windows app onboard with this.

Thanks for any good suggestions.

:)

CharlesEx, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Farvatten Win User

Problem with Microphone

You might check Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Check that you have access set to 'On' and there's also a list of Windows apps that can be toggled individually.

Windows Apps don't recognize microphone [​IMG]

Farvatten, Oct 4, 2020
  3. BW2015 Win User
    Microphone not recognized

I did that before and I did it again and it says it detected a problem and fixed it but it still won't recognize back jack. This is going to show how dumb I am but I just noticed there is a jack for the microphone on the front of my Dell. Windows has been
    showing a microphone but said it was on a usb port so that was why I was ignoring it. I plugged the microphone into the front jack and although I didn't hear anything when I talked into it, I brought up the sound recorder app and it did record in it, so I
    know the microphone is working. Still don't know why it won,t recognize back jack but not going to worry about it.

Thanks for responding.

BW2015, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Windows Apps don't recognize microphone

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Apps don't recognize microphone

1. Windows Apps don't recognize microphone - Similar Threads - Apps don't recognize

2. Microphone not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not recognized.: I actually had many problems related to my mic, but they were fixed but this time it is different. Whenever I try to connect my microphone, it doesn't recognize it. I mean even with any other mic. I also performed a system restore but that didn't help. I have a windows 11 and...
  3. Microphone not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not recognized.: I actually had many problems related to my mic, but they were fixed but this time it is different. Whenever I try to connect my microphone, it doesn't recognize it. I mean even with any other mic. I also performed a system restore but that didn't help. I have a windows 11 and...
  4. Microphone on Headset not recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone on Headset not recognized by Windows: My headset is the Turtle Beach Recon 70. I have it plugged in to the 3.5mm Combo Jack on my ASUS laptop, and I get sound output to the headphones. The mic, however, is not recognized by the system. The jack should support output and input, but there seems to be no way to get...
  5. Microphone not recognized

Microphone not recognized: Hello, I was trying to fix my headset's microphone from a game I play and now it is not being recognized. It's not the headset's microphone itself because it works perfectly fine on other devices....
  6. Windows not recognizing microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not recognizing microphone?: So this just happened maybe half an hour ago? I was in a discord call with a friend when all of a sudden my headset mic just cut out. Restarted my pc and still nothing, I tried using multiple different ports and nothing. Even went into my pc and made sure everything was...
  7. Microphone not recognized

Microphone not recognized: Hey so I bought a logitech g332se headset and for some reason my computer just doesn't recognize the microphone on it. I've corrected my privacy settings, looked in the control panel, and device manager. It just doesn't recognize it and i don't know how to get it to. I also...
  8. Microphone not recognized

Microphone not recognized: So I've been having issues with my mic being recognized. I have tried using samsung earphones or even headsets that come with mics but the mic never gets recognized. When I found out this was the case, I thought it was a zoom issue but its my pc's. Any idea on how to make it...
  9. Office apps don't recognize internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office apps don't recognize internet connection.: I'm using the latest version of Windows 10. When I try to open a new Office document, I get a message saying it appears that I don't have an internet connection. I, in fact, do have an internet connection. This is something that has just recently happened. I installed Nord...
  10. windows 10 not recognizing microphone

windows 10 not recognizing microphone: so I've got a hyperX cloud 2 headset and ive been using it on my computer and xbox one for about a year and a half now, never had any problems. one day I was invited to a discord call and my mic wouldn't work, so I tried checking my discord setting - all good tried...