Windows 10: Windows Apps files broken/missing.

Discus and support Windows Apps files broken/missing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Max and I got a problem. Few days ago I tried to gain permission to my WindowsApps folder from trustedInstaller. I tried it, and like 90% of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Max Glowacki, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Windows Apps files broken/missing.

Hi, I'm Max and I got a problem. Few days ago I tried to gain permission to my WindowsApps folder from trustedInstaller. I tried it, and like 90% of files was converted to mine, but that 10% was still linked with TrustedInstaller because they were System files or something like that. I just screwed it up. Then I tried to delete that file, but that didn't work too. Only few files got deleted and now that folder takes only ~120MB of space. Every windows app started to turn off immediately. Calculator, Microsoft store etc. just turns off instantly whenever I click on it. Icons are gone too. Those apps don't even exist when I go to settings->applications->applications & feature and search for it on my C: drive. I tried literally everything: command prompt, windows powershell.

Nothing works. So here comes my question - if I run Windows refresh, will this WindowsApps folder get fix? Or I have to reset whole windows I don't want to. With my slow wifi downloading those games will take forever.

:)

Max Glowacki, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Apps files broken/missing. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 6, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Windows Apps files broken/missing.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Apps files broken/missing.

1. Windows Apps files broken/missing. - Similar Threads - Apps files broken

2. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  3. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  4. Xbox App broken and missing but it launches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App broken and missing but it launches: For some reason my Xbox Game Pass app has stopped working correctly. It launches at startup as normal yet I cant sign in to it. When I click sign in the screen briefly flashes white and then returns to normal. Then when I try to uninstall it or repair it it seems the app is...
  5. Xbox App broken and missing but it launches

Xbox App broken and missing but it launches: For some reason my Xbox Game Pass app has stopped working correctly. It launches at startup as normal yet I cant sign in to it. When I click sign in the screen briefly flashes white and then returns to normal. Then when I try to uninstall it or repair it it seems the app is...
  6. Windows Store missing/broken

Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...
  7. Windows Store missing/broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Store missing/broken: Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I want help with an issue that I've been having for a long time now and I've searched everywhere for solutions, but none of them worked so I thought maybe you guys can help me. As the title says, after I did a fresh...
  8. Windows 10 Icons Missing and File Explorer broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Icons Missing and File Explorer broken: My desktop show only the labels with no icons. Start menu and Taskbar icons is fine. The file explorer is also broken. But it only happens on my first account [ATTACH] [ATTACH] What i just do is installed Winaero tweakers to try aero lite, but i don't like it and disabling...
  9. Windows Store Apps Broken (Missing Drive).

Windows Store Apps Broken (Missing Drive).: So ever since updating to the Windows 10 April Update my previously installed Windows Store apps are broken. So before updating to the Windows 10 April Update I had most of my Windows Store Apps installed on my E: drive (A dynamic volume btw). When updating to the April...
  10. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...