Windows 10: windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB

Discus and support windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this happend to me after instal PSO2 and every time my pc get shutdown/restart, the game need to instal again, after that i see my drive D almost full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KasperPSJ, Jun 2, 2020.

1. KasperPSJ Win User

windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB

this happend to me after instal PSO2 and every time my pc get shutdown/restart, the game need to instal again, after that i see my drive D almost full it's save to delete that folder?

:)

KasperPSJ, Jun 2, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Jun 2, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. windows apps folder in drive D take more than 300GB - Similar Threads - apps folder drive

2. Folder taking up more storage than it should be.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder taking up more storage than it should be.: I am having an issue where a user folder on my computer says to be using ~70 GB, but when I check the size of its contents, it's around 12 GB. I've tried going through folder properties and optimizing the disc, but they don't fix the issue. I have attached images of what...
  3. Folder taking up more storage than it should be.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder taking up more storage than it should be.: I am having an issue where a user folder on my computer says to be using ~70 GB, but when I check the size of its contents, it's around 12 GB. I've tried going through folder properties and optimizing the disc, but they don't fix the issue. I have attached images of what...
  4. Folder taking up more storage than it should be.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 11 shows using more than 300GB of storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 shows using more than 300GB of storage: From my Windows Explorer, it seems to show Windows 11 is using more than 300GB of storage. May I know if this is possible as I've used only 133GB and now left with very little storage space left. Not forgetting to leave 30% storage free so it will not slow down my SSD...
  6. My Windows 11 shows using more than 300GB of storage

My Windows 11 shows using more than 300GB of storage: From my Windows Explorer, it seems to show Windows 11 is using more than 300GB of storage. May I know if this is possible as I've used only 133GB and now left with very little storage space left. Not forgetting to leave 30% storage free so it will not slow down my SSD...
  7. Packages folder of 300gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Packages folder of 300gb: Hey everyone,I am trying to clear out some drive space since my main SSD was almost full. When i tried to locate the large file it turned out to be within the packages file C:\users\Luca\AppData\Local\Packages I have no clue how i can reduce the size. Is it okay to delete...
  8. $recycle.bin in my D:/ drive is taking up 300GB and won't let me empty it's contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    $recycle.bin in my D:/ drive is taking up 300GB and won't let me empty it's contents: I tried to take ownership of D:\$recycle.bin but the folder does not appear even when I show hidden folders. It's taking up over 300GB of my drive space and would like it gone/emptied. I can't delete any portion of it due to permission issues....
  9. $recycle.bin in my D:/ drive is taking up 300GB and won't let me empty it's contents

$recycle.bin in my D:/ drive is taking up 300GB and won't let me empty it's contents: I tried to take ownership of D:\$recycle.bin but the folder does not appear even when I show hidden folders. It's taking up over 300GB of my drive space and would like it gone/emptied. I can't delete any portion of it due to permission issues....
  10. System and reserved taking 300Gb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and reserved taking 300Gb: The system and reserved files are taking almost 400gb in my c: drive. I have done a fresh install but it grew again. https://gyazo.com/b70fb9d2dfde8d29de599bfa154e0f6d submitted by /u/Aarav2you [link] [comments]...