Windows 10: Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.

Discus and support Windows Apps Folder won't Delete. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so I've seen that this problem has been one for many. I'm trying to install games onto my D: drive with the Xbox App, and it won't let me change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bardberd, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.

Hi, so I've seen that this problem has been one for many. I'm trying to install games onto my D: drive with the Xbox App, and it won't let me change the installation folder. All the issues I've seen relate to not being able to delete the folder due to permissions, or renaming it so that you can create a 'New' WindowsApps folder.

Heres the problem: I can delete/rename the WindowsApps folder on my D: drive.

Yet, whenever I change the "New apps will save to" location too the D: drive, I get this error message:

"We couldn't set your default save location. The operation did no complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005."

And after I get this error code, the WindowsApps folder magically appears back on my D: drive, although my PC says that the new apps folder is set to my C: drive.

I'm getting incredibly frustrated, so if anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Edit: There are no windows app installed to my D: drive.

submitted by /u/Bardberd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bardberd, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Apps Folder won't Delete. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 13, 2021
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

Windows Apps Folder won't Delete. [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows Apps Folder won't Delete. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows Apps Folder won't Delete. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows Apps Folder won't Delete.

1. Windows Apps Folder won't Delete. - Similar Threads - Apps Folder won't

2. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  3. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  4. Deleting Windows app folders

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Windows app folders: Hello I'm having issues with deleting webp Image folder. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back whenever a windows update comes around. I would prefer to get delete it forever. Unless there is a way to force the update with powershell....
  5. Cant delete windows apps folders!

Cant delete windows apps folders!: I had to redownload windows because i was having an issue where windows wouldn't update and get stuck in a boot loop, I finally finished downloading it and i wanted to make sure i could install xbox games ontop my computer, when i went to download the games to my disks it...
  6. Windows won't let me delete a folder

Windows won't let me delete a folder: I run VM's on my machine and share folders between the VM and my host Windows 10 laptop. Typically everything runs fine, but when I manipulate folders within the VM/host shared space, sometimes Windows locks up the folder. I say Windows because I have shut down the VMs yet...
  7. Cant Delete Folder - windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Delete Folder - windows apps: I have a folder called 'Windows apps' and its taking up alot of space. Inside the folder are 2 folders called 'MSIXVC' which is 60GB and 'Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.50.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' which is 66Gb. Ive done some investigating and it has something to do with the...
  8. Unable to delete a Windows App folder

Unable to delete a Windows App folder: I can access the Windows App folder as I have changed the security permissions so I have full control. However, I am still prevented from deleting a folder as it states I need the administrator profile's approval. I only have one profile and I am the administrator, so I'm not...
  9. Folder won't be deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder won't be deleted.: I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in C:\Users\James\Documents. Verify the item's location and try again." Then, when I click try again, it comes up with the same thing....
  10. Folder won't stay deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder won't stay deleted: I have an empty folder on a USB-attached expansion drive that won't stay deleted. I delete it and it disappears. But a few days later it reappears. There are no error messages when I delete it. I never restore the drive or do anything else (that I'm aware of) to recover the...