Windows 10: Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:

Discus and support Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue pertains to app icons turning white when used as a desktop shortcut. It always happens after a reboot and sometimes after sleep mode. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcd73165, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:

This issue pertains to app icons turning white when used as a desktop shortcut. It always happens after a reboot and sometimes after sleep mode. This problem never happens with regular program icons, just apps. I haven't been able to find a specific answer to this issue. Any ideas will be much appreciated. Running the latest version of Windows 10 and have no other issues (except those that have been around forever). Thanks.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Aug 24, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 24, 2019
  3. andyouf Win User
    Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved

Hi. For some shortcuts that I have placed on the desktop when I move them to a different folder they shortcut icon turns white. This does not happen for every application where I will move the shortcut but for some.

Example: GPU-Z icon on desktop looks fine. Moved to "Game" folder on desktop now it is a blank white icon. MSI Afterburner icon on desktop look fine. Moved to "Game" folder on desktop and icon is retained. Just coming off a fresh install of Windows.

andyouf, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:

1. Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut: - Similar Threads - apps icons turn

2. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  3. After update desktop icons turned white

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update desktop icons turned white: It happened after update, now the icons are white and I cannot get them back. I think the best solution is reset to factory settings. Help me to reset my PC...
  4. Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????: Hi, This started recently within the last few days. Whenever I open my Google Chrome browser then my desktop shortcut icons will briefly turn white for a couple of seconds then they go back to normal. If I open a second browser tab in Google Chrome, then the icons do not...
  5. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  6. Desktop used to see thin white line between apps icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop used to see thin white line between apps icons: On this desktop, I used to see a thin white line show up between 2 desktop app icons when I was moving it over the desktop screen to assist me where the new desktop app icon would be placed. Lost it recently. Imagine a thin white horizontal line below CA FTB and above CA...
  7. Desktop shortcut icons become white squares

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons become white squares: I have a 17 month old Acer TC-780 computer running Win-10 home edition, 16-GB RAM and a HP 1920x1080 monitor. I have a lot of short cuts to files and programs on my desktop. Every couple days the short-cuts become white squares rather than the icons that they are suppose to...
  8. Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved: Hi. For some shortcuts that I have placed on the desktop when I move them to a different folder they shortcut icon turns white. This does not happen for every application where I will move the shortcut but for some. Example: GPU-Z icon on desktop looks fine. Moved to "Game"...
  9. Windows App Desktop Shortcut Icons Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App Desktop Shortcut Icons Blank: I created shortcuts for my most used Windows 10 apps/tiles to my desktop, but some of the shortcuts have blank icons. I re-copied some and they stuck, but a few others are still blank after several retries. i.e. Scan and Store are blank but Calendar, Calculator, Photos,...
  10. White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons: [img] It happened suddenly, today. I have 4 shortcuts on my desktop which I use to quickly save files to the various folders. I selected the Icons to make them look good and distinguish between them. After an upgrade they displayed white overlays which add nothing to their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 icons blank

2. desktop icons are white