Windows 10: Windows Apps Icons with white background

Discus and support Windows Apps Icons with white background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pakZ, Dec 9, 2016.

1. pakZ Win User

Windows Apps Icons with white background

Hello folks,

it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete.

However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3).

While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App icons in the taskbar (see screenshot).
    As you can see, the icon right to the foobar player is supposed to be the native Mail App. And right of that one is the Wunderlist app, which has also lost its transparency and displays a white background. Affected are all Windows 10 apps.
    Those same icons in the start menu are displaying properly, however.

Is there any possible solution to fixing this problem without uninstalling the icon set again? *Confused

Thanks in advance.

Windows Apps Icons with white background [​IMG]

:)

pakZ, Dec 9, 2016

2. system remves pricture from background after restart.

Since update, windows 10, last week background switched to white background. My Icons are present. I put a picture in the background and when I restart in reverts back to the white background.

JohnRicciuti, Dec 9, 2016
  3. joodie101 Win User
    File Explorer: Black background on Windows 10 folders

When I display folders in "medium icons" or "large icons" or "extra large icons" view, some of them have black backgrounds; others have white backgrounds. Why is this? And how can I make them all white?

Original Title: windows 10 folders

joodie101, Dec 9, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Worked okay for me.
    Probably going to have to uninstall and re-install the pack.

Edwin, Dec 10, 2016
  5. pakZ Win User
    Did both already.

Thanks for testing it out, though.
    So.. maybe the issue is not with the pack, but something else? I wouldn't have any idea what it could be then.

6. pakZ Win User
    Located the culprit..
    SageThumb is apparently causing problems with the PNG format. Disabling the functionality for PNG within SageThumb settings and afterwards clearing the iconcache and sagethumb cache solved the problems.

However.. during my attempts to solve the problems, I have ran into some very irritating situations with the Windows Start Menu and the icons therein. But that will become a topic of its own, I assume.
    For anybody having the same issues, here's a link that provided the needed answer to the above mentioned problem: SageThumbs / Tickets / #112 Causes a major broblem with modern apps on Win 10

pakZ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Apps Icons with white background - Similar Threads - Apps Icons white

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  4. Windows app icons background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows app icons background: So i accidentatly scrolled on desktop when my control was down, and the app icon sizes changed, i managed to get them back to normal size but now i have this stupid looking background on them, and the icons are centered small to there. Any fixes to this?...
  5. Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white

Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white: I believe this started with Windows version 2004 but only these two programs seem to look weird. I tried to re-add the shortcuts manually but that did nothing. I also tried to reinstall premiere and audition but that also did nothing. Changing modes to light hides the problem...
  6. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  7. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?: Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed...
  8. Background white

Background white: Is it possible to change the white background colour in windows. I know this can be done with Window Blinds program but is there another method ? 143319
  9. Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.

Desktop icons font in white. Can't read on white background.: Hi, My desktop icons fonts are in white. Can't read on white background. Have latest Windows 10 home update. Please advise. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-font-in-white-cant-read-on-white/8d4eef1a-3233-4e69-85bd-7bcb7cfa1ae4
  10. Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 bug: white background in modern app + no icon in explorer: hi, I'm having this problem with modern app icons, it happened after I entered the insider program, the profile of my account was corrupted, I Logged into a windows account, and when I go back to mine, the icons where like that... and, if I try to search for some app in...