Windows 10: Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update

Discus and support Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have updated 6 of my PCs to Windows 10 1809. Now I have noticed this problem in 4 of them. Windows apps are unable to connect to the Internet. Let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Omi Azad, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Omi Azad Win User

Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update

I have updated 6 of my PCs to Windows 10 1809. Now I have noticed this problem in 4 of them. Windows apps are unable to connect to the Internet. Let me tell you what I have found and why I think this is a problem.

After the update, Edge cannot even open bing.com but if I type any local IP where I have a web service, that works fine (like the router's set-up page). Also Windows Store cannot show apps. Here is what it shows:

Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update a87dd53e-9d2b-4c3f-8856-ff93319dfa8e?upload=true.png

But 3rd party browser and apps are working fine. I can transfer files using FileZilla, browse Internet using FireFox etc. So I believe somehow DNS is not working for Windows/Microsoft apps. Even apps from the store like Spotify and Netflix cannot access internet.

I tried to troubleshoot using the built-in trouble shooter, nothing happened. So there must be something very wrong. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue, but this seem serious.

By the way, the issue is not on a single network, happened with 3 different networks. I even turn on hotspot from my Phone, but did not help.

:)

Omi Azad, Oct 5, 2018

2. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 apps connection problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting to internet from Windows Store apps, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to see and error code along with the error message?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2018
  4. a_ump Win User

internet connection problem

do any other internet using apps work? like instant messenging of some sort? you may not be connected. And no i wouldn't think mozilla firefox would fault like that, as it recieves updates and auto installs them, unless you specify otherwise.

a_ump, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update - Similar Threads - Apps Internet Connectivity

2. Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?: Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update? I had to roll back in order to have internet again and my router and internet connection are working perfectly, none of my other devices have problems. I tried every trick in the book from the...
  3. No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet conectivity after Windows 1809 update: Okay, I hope to find an answer here. Yesterday my laptop, a HP ZBook, updated to Windows 10 Version 1809, wherafter I haven't been able to conect to the internet via either WiFi or cable. There is no internet icon in the bottom right of the task bar, neither hidden. The...
  4. problem connecting to internet through windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem connecting to internet through windows apps: When I try to connect to the internet through any of the windows 10 apps I get an error message that my laptop is not connected to the internet. When I connect to the internet through other apps like e.g. Outlook or Dropbox am I able to connect to the internet....
  5. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  6. Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809

Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809: Be advised your internet download speed as tested at speedtest.net or fast.com may drop to around 5Mbps after Windows update 1809 is applied. Your upload speed will remain unaffected. The fix is to update your network card/chip drivers. This problem should have been...
  7. Apps and File problem after windows 10 feature update (1809)

Apps and File problem after windows 10 feature update (1809): Hi I'm having a problem after windows 10 feature update (1****9?upload=true" /> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-file-problem-after-windows-10-feature/e2d628da-57e8-44b6-9771-6d8578c00dce
  8. No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem

No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem: Hello all! After Update my windows to latest version 1809, when I power on my laptop and want to use internet using the browser, it says "No Internet Connection" and it doesn't work, like when I have no internet !! after that I had to Restart my windows to fix it! every time...
  9. Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update

Windows Apps Internet Connectivity Problem After 1809 Update: I have updated 6 of my PCs to Windows 10 1809. Now I have noticed this problem in 4 of them. Windows apps are unable to connect to the Internet. Let me tell you what I have found and why I think this is a problem. After the update, Edge cannot even open bing.com but if I...
  10. After update apps won't connect to internet

After update apps won't connect to internet: Two hours ago I got the notice that a new update was available, I installed it. The install went as others have, smoothly. After the restart anything that was to use an internet connect would not work. I have connection, I checked with my IP, all android devices connect as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps not updated after 1809 update

2. resolving internet connectivity problems after 1809

3. after upgrade to windows 1809 wireless keep showing no internet

4. 1809 update steam no internet