Windows 10: Windows Apps Keep Crashing

Discus and support Windows Apps Keep Crashing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Every time I start a windows application such as Camera or Calculator, it immediately closes and does not start. I tried starting the applications... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by c]-, Oct 8, 2020.

1. C]-
    c]- Win User

Windows Apps Keep Crashing

Every time I start a windows application such as Camera or Calculator, it immediately closes and does not start.

I tried starting the applications from their folders and I got the following errors for each of the apps.

Camera:

"The code execution cannot proceed because SharedLibrary.dll was not fond. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

"The code execution cannot proceed because mrt100_app.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Tried resetting it, did not get fixed. Tried reinstalling it by deleting it but Microsoft Store doesn't launch either so couldn't reinstall...

Calculator:

"The code execution cannot proceed because vccorbli140_app.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140_APP.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

"The code execution cannot proceed because CONCRT140_APP.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1_APP.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Tried the same thing for camera but nothing got fixed.

I also ran the troubleshooter for Windows Store Apps and it deteced the problem of crashing apps, it said it got fixed, but it did not change anything.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thx

Edit: woah a lot of people have the same question

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 8, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Windows Apps Keep Crashing

Apps crashing on windows 10 and can't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing the apps on Windows 10.

Please do let us which are the apps being crashed on your system and from where have you downloaded these apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, visit the computer manufacturer website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps
    • Select Advance and click on Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Apps Keep Crashing

1. Windows Apps Keep Crashing - Similar Threads - Apps Keep Crashing

2. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  3. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  4. Windows Apps keep crashing

Windows Apps keep crashing: Hello, For some time now I've been having a problem when I try to open some Microsoft applications: they open and then close immediately this is the case with Drawboard Pdf, OneCalendar, Sticky Notes and many other apps, or even display a gray screen like Microsoft...
  5. photos app keeps crashing

photos app keeps crashing: Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have been scanning lots of photos. Then I open them in Photos app, adjust the borders, rotate if necessary, then save. This was working fine. But recently, almost every other time I click save, the photo just closes and I have to do the...
  6. Windows Store + Apps keep crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store + Apps keep crashing.: So I recently updated to Windows 10 v2004 a few days ago, and even the day after I did things were fine. It was only just yesterday I started experiencing some issues. So to start off, I have been constantly getting an error message on startup stating "Windows cannot access...
  7. windows 10 apps keep crashing

windows 10 apps keep crashing: For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I run the windows store apps troubleshooter first. Most of the time, it will fix it on the first attempt. However, if it has...
  8. Apps keep crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps keep crashing: This has been an issue for many months now. All of a sudden, apps crashed despite still having ram to use (for example, yesterday i had 4 chrome tabs open, along with spotify and discord, and chrome and discord just refused to work at the same time). The screen flashed black...
  9. Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing

Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing: When I try to open Microsoft Photos it opens in black screen and then closes. error logs point to a DCOM error, I have been all over the internet and have tried just about everything I can find out there. Any thoughts? Windows 10 Pro Build 1803 OS Build 17134.523...
  10. Windows 10 apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps keep crashing: My windows 10 apps (Mail, Help, Microsoft Store, etc.) all crash at launch. I can select one, say mail, the splash screen pops up and very briefly(~100ms) a white screen appears behind the app and then both close. I can never see the white screen as its just a flash behind...