Windows 10: Windows apps launching automatically

Discus and support Windows apps launching automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using windows 10 Build 19041.329 with latest 2004 update. After login, few minutes later, Microsoft store, Movies&TV, Settings & Groove Music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by k@thiR, Jul 12, 2020.

1. k@thiR Win User

Windows apps launching automatically

Hi,

I'm using windows 10 Build 19041.329 with latest 2004 update. After login, few minutes later, Microsoft store, Movies&TV, Settings & Groove Music are launching one by one automatically. I've checked Startup folder. It's clean. Ideleted the local account and created new one. But the problem is still there. It's not because of the latest update. I'm having this issue from few months ago.

It's annoyng while in online class/meetings.

Kindly help.

:)

k@thiR, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Catfelix Win User

Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch?

Catfelix, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows apps launching automatically - Similar Threads - apps launching automatically

2. Windows apps not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps not launching: I own gamepass and recently started to play fallout but it won't launch unless I launch it within 2mins or something after starting windows so ill have to restart my computer just to launch it this didn't happen until I updated to windows 11...
  3. Windows App not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App not launching: Hi,I am working on a WPF windows application. Whenever I launch this App for the first time in my system it creates a folder insider temp of windows viz. temp/.net/{ProjectName}.Sometimes the App doesn't launch until I clear this folder i.e. temp/.net/{ProjectName} so I have...
  4. Windows App not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App not launching: Hi,I am working on a WPF windows application. Whenever I launch this App for the first time in my system it creates a folder insider temp of windows viz. temp/.net/{ProjectName}.Sometimes the App doesn't launch until I clear this folder i.e. temp/.net/{ProjectName} so I have...
  5. No Windows Apps Will Launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Windows Apps Will Launch: Hello, every time I open any Microsoft application whether it be Store, Xbox, Camera, etc., it immediately closes. I've tried every single troubleshooting method to restore the Store and other apps. I primarily want to open the Xbox app, but I also would like access to all my...
  6. Automatically launch an app at Windows startup but NOT in administrator mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatically launch an app at Windows startup but NOT in administrator mode: Hi,I set an application to be launched automatically at Windows startup.For some reasons, I don't want this app to be run in administrator mode as I believe every app auto-launched by Windows are in this mode.Any solution please?...
  7. "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Let Windows track app launches" automatically re-enables: I prefer to have the privacy setting "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" disabled in my settings, but every time I turn it off it turns itself back on when I restart my PC. This doesn't happen with any other settings I have. Is there any fix...
  8. App keeps launching automatically at start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App keeps launching automatically at start-up: I have installed Zoom but this app launches automatically taking over my screen.I don’t know how to stop it. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-keeps-launching-automatically-at-start-up/4f228a80-69ed-4535-ba8a-38170a143c71
  9. Windows Apps not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps not launching: I followed several threads here but was not able to solve my problem. The windows apps, even edge are not launching. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-apps-not-launching/4c00d5e4-3e84-49cd-aa2f-e95ee1bb4f24
  10. Trying to get readiy app to launch automatically at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to get readiy app to launch automatically at startup: Its not located Settings > Apps > Startup. And in the apps and features window when I click the readiy app and advanced options there is no option to get it to start on startup. Also window key + r then shell:startup won't work since windows doesn't let me make a shortcut of...