Windows 10: Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

Discus and support Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KageShinobi420, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice

:)

KageShinobi420, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails

Hi there,

My name is Jocelyn, an independent advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user happy to help.

Please try the following steps for your Files, Pictures, and Documents:

Open Windows Explorer, click on View, then click on Options and Change folder and search options.

Click on the View tab and check the box that says Always show icons, never thumbnails and uncheck the box that says Display file icon on Thumbnails.

Now you should see all the icons your pictures, files, and documents.

For your Windows icons that are missing:

Please follow the suggestions on the below-mentioned article:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/...

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-windows-10-apps...

If none of these work, you can perform a system restore back to the state where everything was working.

Please refer to this link for the steps. Select Restore from a system restore point.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

I hope this would help. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Jocelyn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JocelynYbanez, Nov 28, 2023
  4. teknique Win User

Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

missing icons / thumbnails

I would like to try and repair my windows 10 installation that no longer displays thumbnails for certain file types like png images. It seems like this is usually due to a file association issue. This seems to be evident in the 'open with' context menu and the icons for system apps appear blank. Blank icons for system apps such as calculator, snip&sketch, photos also appear on the taskbar. Is this something that I can repair or is it worth doing a fresh install. I have not made any system restore points and am running Win10 ver 22H2 build 19045.2486.
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail 384073d1674418334t-missing-icons-thumbnails-missing-icons.jpg

Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail 384074d1674418334t-missing-icons-thumbnails-file-associations.jpg

teknique, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

1. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail - Similar Threads - apps missing icon

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  5. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  6. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  8. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  9. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  10. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...