Windows 10: Windows apps moved between screens

Discus and support Windows apps moved between screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lukasz Tymczak, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Windows apps moved between screens

Hi Guys,

I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous version as well).

I have additional 27" monitor connected through HDMI cable - I have set it as main screen but I am also using my laptop screen for other apps (lets say sticky notes).

So now that works well. However I have noticed that every time after my laptop is restated or even if it goes to sleep mode or just the screen time out the all of the apps from my laptop screen are moved to my main screen.

This is really frustrating because I need to re-configure the setup every time.

Do you guys know what can be causing it and how to fix it?

On my previous laptop the apps/windows didn't move to the main screen.

Another issue is that the NumLock on my external keyboard switches itself off for no reason.

Again - this didn't happen previously.

:)

Lukasz Tymczak, Feb 8, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows apps moved between screens

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows apps moved between screens

1. Windows apps moved between screens - Similar Threads - apps moved between

2. Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moving weird between laptop and monitor screen: i am using a laptop and monitor set up. my monitor is physically bigger than my laptop screen. is there a way i can "enlarge" my monitor screen so that when my cursor travels from the extreme corner of my laptop screen, it does not get blocked?...
  3. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I move apps between drives?: I recently set myself up a second hard drive as I needed to free up my C drive before it got too crowded to run windows. I've done all the set up, and I can see both drives in my pc, however when I try and move apps through the 'Apps and features' part of windows, I get two...
  4. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move apps between drives?: I recently set myself up a second hard drive as I needed to free up my C drive before it got too crowded to run windows. I've done all the set up, and I can see both drives in my pc, however when I try and move apps through the 'Apps and features' part of windows, I get two...
  5. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!: Hi! My C drive is completely full and I can't use important apps I need to move some apps to D drive. I don't trust free 3rd party software and I can't find a tutorial to help me, please can someone advise me? Thank you!...
  7. 1080 + 1440 + 1080 moving mouse between screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1080 + 1440 + 1080 moving mouse between screens: Hi all, Is there any way to make it so, for example, if I have my mouse at the bottom of my 1440p screen and move it to the 1080p, it will just go to the bottom of that one, instead of locking it to the screen? submitted by /u/Skiizm [link] [comments]...
  8. Moving between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving between computers: What's the best way to capture my user profile and move everything to a new computer I'm expecting to arrive this week. I can easily move the files and what not but I'm wondering if there's a way I can easily duplicate all the settings and stuff that have been configured over...
  9. Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?

Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?: Without paying attention, I went and filled my main drive (C:) before realizing I had a secondary drive that was empty. Is it possible to simply move large apps or programs from one drive to the other or do I need to uninstall/reinstall them?...
  10. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...