Windows 10: Windows Apps not launching

Discus and support Windows Apps not launching in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I followed several threads here but was not able to solve my problem. The windows apps, even edge are not launching. please help.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mt110088, May 29, 2020.

1. mt110088 Win User

Windows Apps not launching

I followed several threads here but was not able to solve my problem. The windows apps, even edge are not launching. please help.

:)

mt110088, May 29, 2020

2. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 29, 2020
  4. Altidias Win User

Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Apps not launching - Similar Threads - Apps launching

2. I cant launch any windows apps on my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant launch any windows apps on my pc: so awhile ago i got a new PC for my birthday and all was going fine but recently it says i need to activate windows and i need to buy a product key or something, also no windows apps will open, not photos, the windows store, sticky notes, Xbox companion just to name a few. i...
  3. The Settings app on my Windows 10 device won't launch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Settings app on my Windows 10 device won't launch.: The Settings App wont launch on my Windows 10 laptop. It flashes for a short time and closes down,due to which I cannot use many important functions on my device....
  4. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  5. getting this message after launching power BI and some other apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting this message after launching power BI and some other apps: [ATTACH] same case with my laptop's fan control application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-message-after-launching-power-bi-and/ca274b5c-ed87-4442-9f3d-d1b27920c185
  6. All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Windows Apps Calculator, Alarms, Store etc only take up 16.0Kb of space and don't launch.: Photo: https://i.imgur.com/mB6buar.png I've reinstalled Windows using a clean install which only keeps personal files, and I've reinstalled windows using the iso method that keeps files and programs. I've tried a lot of fixes up to this point as well, I'll try and list them...
  7. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  8. I can't launch Windows 10 default apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't launch Windows 10 default apps: I can find these default app in Task Scheduler but cannot launch them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-launch-windows-10-default-apps/8fa46a16-0e80-4c5c-9e26-21cbcdc743e7
  9. Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft apps stop launching and account doesn't have permissions for them: I'll apologize ahead of time if the category is wrong and such. Have a bunch of weird issues I have been trying to fix for the last 6 hours for a game I just wanted to try out. So sorry it they're marked incorrectly. I Installed Phantasy Star online 2 through the Microsoft...
  10. Can't remove german and english keyboards, removing them causes some apps not to launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't remove german and english keyboards, removing them causes some apps not to launch: I've bought yesterday Minecraft Dungeons, played it hours long. Today, clicking on its icon opened the store page of Gaming services. When I tried to launch the game from its store page, nothing happened, verifying the game didn't do anything so I deleted it and tried to...