Windows 10: Windows apps not starting

Discus and support Windows apps not starting in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My Windows apps are not working properly. After they just start, immediately they close down. And they show a white bar in Start Menu under their name.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Om Prakhar Shrivastava, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Windows apps not starting

My Windows apps are not working properly. After they just start, immediately they close down. And they show a white bar in Start Menu under their name. I am not even able to open Microsoft Store. It just closes down. This started a week ago. Maybe after I updated it or installed an app.

Thank You for supporting me in advance.

:)

Om Prakhar Shrivastava, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 3, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows apps not starting

Start menu not showing apps in Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated all the Windows updates?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you installed any update recently?
    As a work around, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter.

• Click on Start search and type troubleshooting and choose 'Troubleshooting'

• Click on 'View All'.

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows apps not starting

1. Windows apps not starting - Similar Threads - apps starting

2. How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu: Starting next month and available as a preview right now, Windows 11's Start Menu will show promotions for certain apps. This time, advertised apps will show up in the recommended section of the Start Menu of the operating system. The new placement complements the...
  3. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  4. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,1 Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  5. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  6. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  7. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  9. Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING

Windows 11 not RESTARTING and Startup Apps not STARTING: Hi,Windows 11 has stopped restarting from the Start menu when, for example, final installation of updates requires a restart. The screen shows shutdown then the start window manufacturer's logo but it sticks there and I have to power off and on again.NONE of my selected...
  10. Start up apps related

Start up apps related: I want to know a question if apps update from microsoft store is it normal sometime it enabled themselves again in start up apps if i disabled them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-apps-related/6b1616aa-bbb5-4803-8285-d5d9d88ae26b