Windows 10: Windows Apps not working after resetting

Discus and support Windows Apps not working after resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop wasn't working properly and some of the apps like File Explorer etc, were not responding. Hence, I decided to Reset my PC. I performed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VarunArora78, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:03 PM.

1. Windows Apps not working after resetting

My laptop wasn't working properly and some of the apps like File Explorer etc, were not responding. Hence, I decided to Reset my PC.

I performed the Reset with the option Keep My Files.

But after the reset all my Windows App stopped working, many apps have just disappeared. Start Menu is totally empty. Even Microsft Edge and MS Store are not working because of which I am not able to connect or make anything run.

Please help.

:)

VarunArora78, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:03 PM

2. ALT + NUM for special characters doesn't work on APPS

Hi Jacinto,

On this kind of issue where Windows apps are not working properly, we suggest resetting Windows Store apps by following these steps:

• Open the Start menu and select Settings.
    • Select System, and click on Apps & features on the left pane.
    • Click the app that you want to reset, and select Advanced options.
    • Select Reset.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:05 PM
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Apps not working after resetting :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

4. Jan Del Win User

Windows Apps not working after resetting

Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Hi Mike,

Since you just freshly reinstalled Windows 10, we suggest resetting apps by following the steps below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click on Settings.
    • On the left pane, click on Default apps.
    • Click Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
    • Try to open another app and check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Thema:

Windows Apps not working after resetting

1. Windows Apps not working after resetting - Similar Threads - Apps working resetting

2. Missing Apps After Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing Apps After Reset: Hello, Yesterday I have "Reset" my Win10 and I have noticed that I am missing some default apps: - Microsoft Store - Groove Music - Photos - Voice Recorder - Calculator - Mail Outlook Actually I cant even write all down. Whats going on? I cant even download...
  3. No windows programs working after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No windows programs working after reset: Hi! I’ve just done a full reset on my laptop, in hopes to speed it up a bit. The reset took all day, but nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen, however when it was complete, I can’t open the start menu, settings, WiFi menu, Microsoft Edge, or any similar apps. The...
  4. recover apps after a reset of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recover apps after a reset of windows 10: How do I recover apps after a reset of the windows 10? Office does not show up in blue only the version numbers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-apps-after-a-reset-of-windows-10/1183f9d8-8038-4ccf-959c-a88f28811a67
  5. Password not working after reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password not working after reset Windows 10: I just reset my Lenova Windows 10 because it was acting sluggishly. Once done, my password wouldn't work. I've now created a new password several times (per instructions given) but I keep getting "incorrect password" message and am locked out of my own laptop. What can I...
  6. Windows Apps Missing After Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps Missing After Reset: Hello, so a few days ago I couldn't get past my lock screen I entered my password it showed a loading circle and again took me to lock screen I was in an infinite loop I had to reset my PC it was the only option I had after resetting I noticed my windows apps are gone...
  7. Windows 10 not working after reset

Windows 10 not working after reset: Hello My PC was slowing down so I decided to reset my computer. After the reset is not working properly. When I turn on the computer everything works just fine but after a minute the internet goes away and my computer starts going slow, the computer won't connect to the...
  8. Windows 10 not working properly after reset

Windows 10 not working properly after reset: Hello My PC was slowing down so I decided to reset my computer. After the reset is not working properly. When I turn on the computer everything works just fine but after a minute the internet goes away and my computer starts going slow, the computer won't connect to the...
  9. Windows not working after surface reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not working after surface reset: I reset my surface pro (5th Generation) and logged in with outlook account. Although the home screen is appearing and the mouse works, the windows button doesn't work! Microsoft office and Edge are not there. The only apps that have appeared back on the taskbar are store,...
  10. lost microsoft apps after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost microsoft apps after reset: Please help! after the recommended reset to improve laptop performance, all the apps that came with purchase of laptop are gone. cant even play dvds/cds! I hope I wont have to buy all those apps. cheaper to just buy new laptop. any suggestions would be appreciated!...