Windows 10: Windows Apps not working after resetting

Discus and support Windows Apps not working after resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop wasn't working properly and some of the apps like File Explorer etc, were not responding. Hence, I decided to Reset my PC. I performed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VarunArora78, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows Apps not working after resetting

My laptop wasn't working properly and some of the apps like File Explorer etc, were not responding. Hence, I decided to Reset my PC.

I performed the Reset with the option Keep My Files.

But after the reset all my Windows App stopped working, many apps have just disappeared. Start Menu is totally empty. Even Microsft Edge and MS Store are not working because of which I am not able to connect or make anything run.

Please help.

:)

VarunArora78, Mar 26, 2020

2. ALT + NUM for special characters doesn't work on APPS

Hi Jacinto,

On this kind of issue where Windows apps are not working properly, we suggest resetting Windows Store apps by following these steps:

• Open the Start menu and select Settings.
    • Select System, and click on Apps & features on the left pane.
    • Click the app that you want to reset, and select Advanced options.
    • Select Reset.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Apps not working after resetting :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows Apps not working after resetting

Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Hi Mike,

Since you just freshly reinstalled Windows 10, we suggest resetting apps by following the steps below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click on Settings.
    • On the left pane, click on Default apps.
    • Click Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
    • Try to open another app and check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Apps not working after resetting

1. Windows Apps not working after resetting - Similar Threads - Apps working resetting

2. Reinstalling apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling apps after windows reset: (I literally don’t know where to post, and if this is not the right place someone please tell me what is) I’ve been thinking of factory resetting my pc back to all the original settings but the only thing is downloading everything individually is going to be a pain in the...
  3. Microsoft apps not working after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps not working after reset: Hi I have a big issue, after I reset due to an issue xbox app won't open, nor will GameBar. Other Ms apps like calculator, calendar and mail don't open at all and photos has disappeared. I've tried everything and I'm on an expensive gaming pc please help. I've reset a few...
  4. Microsoft apps not working after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps not working after reset: Hi I have a big issue, after I reset due to an issue xbox app won't open, nor will GameBar. Other Ms apps like calculator, calendar and mail don't open at all and photos has disappeared. I've tried everything and I'm on an expensive gaming pc please help. I've reset a few...
  5. Windows Apps not working after Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Apps not working after Reset: Like the title says, my Windows Apps are not working after I did a full reset.To elaborate:Apps like Microsoft Store, Sticky Notes, Photos appear when I search for them on start. But nothing happens when I click on them.I cannot open any photos, I no longer have a Notepad...
  6. Apps Not Working After Reseting Them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Not Working After Reseting Them: I Had an app that was acting weird which was the Microsoft store and the x box apps. So I reset the apps in the settings and now when I start the app It opens and then closes and gives me a message like "Cashe Cleared" so there is basically no app left anymore its just an...
  7. Windows apps don't work after resetting Laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps don't work after resetting Laptop.: I have an MSI GF63 laptop. I reset my laptop removing all files option and after when windows installed again I was met with this problem. The pre-installed Windows apps couldn't startup. When I try to click on it, a window pops up but after closes down. The application has...
  8. Windows not working after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not working after reset: I reset my computer, but the taskbar keeps flickering. I can't open command prompt. I was able to open task manager by using ctrl alt delete, but the close, window, minimize buttons and task manager name keep flickering to grey and back to normal. I also cannot interact with...
  9. after resetting, apps stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    after resetting, apps stopped working: I did a factory reset and Windows apps stopped working. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resetting-apps-stopped-working/4bf01f3f-f5c6-41fc-9812-00d2b05eb787
  10. Windows Apps Missing After Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps Missing After Reset: Hello, so a few days ago I couldn't get past my lock screen I entered my password it showed a loading circle and again took me to lock screen I was in an infinite loop I had to reset my PC it was the only option I had after resetting I noticed my windows apps are gone...