Windows 10: Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help

Discus and support Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, one way to save yourself the pain this time of manually reinstalling everything would be to use a tool like Zinstall or Laplink pcmover (disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Margister, May 4, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help

Hi, one way to save yourself the pain this time of manually reinstalling everything would be to use a tool like
    Zinstall or Laplink pcmover (disk image assistant). (Not free).

The most convenient way is to
    a. Install one of the above
    b. make a disk image using Macrium Reflect (free) (the image will also be your backup)
    c. Clean install Win 10
    d. Install the program you chose above (say PC Mover)
    e. Mount your image
    f. Run (e.g.) Pc Mover Disk Image assistant and choose what you want to install what you want from your disk image
    g. Make coffee/watch TV/play with the kids.....
    h. Come back and see which programs have not been installed (if any)
    i. Check the programs that have been installed- expect about 95%+ success rate.
    j. Reinstall the remainder.

And for the future- with any OS- use periodically updated disk imaging to give you relatively quick and painless recovery options

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help

1. Windows Apps not working, none of the fixes help - Similar Threads - Apps working none

2. none working apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none working apps in start menu: The start menu app is not working right now. It is not clickable and when you click it several times the PC will crash and be not responding. I restart multiple times it will not move. Before I was able to resolve this by updating my Windows now I dont have update it the PC...
  3. none working apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    none working apps in start menu: The start menu app is not working right now. It is not clickable and when you click it several times the PC will crash and be not responding. I restart multiple times it will not move. Before I was able to resolve this by updating my Windows now I dont have update it the PC...
  4. None of the windows apps working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of the windows apps working: When i try to open any windows app, like microsoft store or the xbox app, it always opens for a milisecond then immedietely crashes, I tried checking for updates and everything was up to date. I also tried redownloading the xbox app from browser since it wasn't working. when...
  5. None of the windows apps working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of the windows apps working: When i try to open any windows app, like microsoft store or the xbox app, it always opens for a milisecond then immedietely crashes, I tried checking for updates and everything was up to date. I also tried redownloading the xbox app from browser since it wasn't working. when...
  6. help none of the microsoft apps open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help none of the microsoft apps open: so my problem is that i cant open any microsoft apps like:calculator,camera,movies,minecraft,mixed reality and etc and it greyed out too is there way to fix problem?...
  7. help none of the microsoft apps open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help none of the microsoft apps open: so my problem is that i cant open any microsoft apps like:calculator,camera,movies,minecraft,mixed reality and etc and it greyed out too is there way to fix problem?...
  8. None of my apps are working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    None of my apps are working: My desktop starts up fine, sign in goes fine, then cannot do anything. Can open apps i.e. Excel but then cannot do anything. Cannot open files, and cannot exit out of the program. All of the apps have the problem. I do get a message to Pin to Start? Does anyone have any...
  9. Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working

in Cortana
    Search Broken - None of the Fixes are Working: The search field was working find and all of a sudden, when a search I get a big grey box and it will not work. I've already looked for resolutions and nothing is working. This is a major issue for me, I have a lot of files as I'm a writer with hundreds of articles I often...
  10. None of my windows apps work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    None of my windows apps work: I just did the update to windows 10 and now none of my windows apps work. I have tried resetting all the apps, repairing them, and running the powershell with answers from other threads. I tried redoing the update, and even tried restoring to earlier version of windows. None...