Windows 10: Windows Apps not working

Discus and support Windows Apps not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Since a week, I have trouble with Windows Photos and Windows Maps Apps. It seems that the calling link is broken. [img] Icon of Photos Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pbecavin, Nov 4, 2015.

1. pbecavin Win User

Windows Apps not working

Hello,
    Since a week, I have trouble with Windows Photos and Windows Maps Apps. It seems that the calling link is broken.
    Windows Apps not working [​IMG]

Icon of Photos Apps calls "Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1026.13580.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbw" but program name in WindowsApps directory is "Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1001.16470.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe".
    I have tried to restore a previous state and to delete Photos Apps with Powershell but it doesn't work.
    Thanks for anyone who could help me to solve this problem.
    Philbec

:)

pbecavin, Nov 4, 2015

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Apps not working

Try this in a elevated/Administrator Powershell:
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.1026.13580.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote] Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_4.1510.2941.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote]

Almighty1, Nov 4, 2015
  5. pbecavin Win User
    Thanks for your reply!
    Unfortunetly, it doesn't work. It tolds me that directory "... Photos_15_1026..." doesn't exist.
    I have tried to change with my directory reference "... Photos_15_1001..." but it tolds me that upper version is already installed

pbecavin, Nov 5, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Take a look in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to find out what the version # is, always use the largest number if there is more than one.

Almighty1, Nov 5, 2015
  7. pbecavin Win User
    Hi
    In C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, upper version is ... Photos_15_1001... but icon link is ... Photos_15_1026...
    In fact, I've noticed that this problem happens after a system restoration. System files are certainly not completly restored.
    Lot of people seems to have this problem. I hope that Microsoft will correct very soon

pbecavin, Nov 5, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Apps not working

Yeah, when you system restore, it will delete anything after the restore point's date making it non-existent, I can get you 1026 if you want and you can try it and see what happens as all you need to do is extract to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps which you can download at the link below, make sure you click the "Download" button which shows the filesize a few times as the first time usually doesn't work...

For Windows Photo
    Userscloud › Free Unlimited Cloud Storage

Let me know if this works and if it does, we can then try the other app.

Almighty1, Nov 5, 2015
  9. pbecavin Win User
    Hi Almighty1
    Thank you for your help. After loading your program, I had a hope because I was told to go to Windows Store to repair the apps. After repair, name under icon was corrected. Unfortunatly, there is still a problem with the register.
    Before loading your program, I called Microsoft support. After taking control of my PC during 20 minutes. I was told that my session was corrupted and to create a new one. That's not really the answer I was waiting for.
    I will continue to search for correcting this problem. If I find a solution, I will let you know
    Have a good week-end

pbecavin, Nov 6, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    Hopefully you'll find a solution!

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Apps not working

1. Windows Apps not working - Similar Threads - Apps working

2. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  3. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  4. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  5. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  6. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  7. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  8. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

9. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...
  10. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...