Windows 10: Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu

Discus and support Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Program icons for the Start menu are stored in 2 places: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AckeeBacalhau, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu

Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu IJl_BgTdWqsyQM1asVDIxqc287IEhnXBI57yRRbbpgI.jpg

Program icons for the Start menu are stored in 2 places:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsC:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

However, I cannot find the link/icon for 5 HP supplies utilities. On example is "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows".

I looked in the registry and determined it is a Windows Package, located in the registry under "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ActivatableClasses" and run from

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.HPPCHardwareDiagnosticsWindows_1.6.8.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6\

So my question is:

a) How does it end up on the Start Menu, and

b) Can it be moved to one of the Start Menu folders?

Windows 10 version 19042.804

https://preview.redd.it/ejo48mqchnj...bp&s=78ca93152778406aee6773d13bf8472626a51bca

submitted by /u/AckeeBacalhau
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AckeeBacalhau, Feb 25, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu

1. Windows Apps (Packages) on the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Apps Packages Start

2. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and windows apps not working.: Start menu doesn't start by keyboard OR by mouse. Microsoft store icon in taskbar is empty, on starting says "Class not registered" for explorer.exe. Some shortcuts like Win+D or Win+I also not workingWin+E works. I tried to restart explorer through task manager and command...
  3. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and windows apps not working.: Start menu doesn't start by keyboard OR by mouse. Microsoft store icon in taskbar is empty, on starting says "Class not registered" for explorer.exe. Some shortcuts like Win+D or Win+I also not workingWin+E works. I tried to restart explorer through task manager and command...
  4. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu and Windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and Windows apps not working: This issue started a few days ago and the more I use my laptop, the more issues I find somehow. First, my start menu won't stay open and I can't click on anything in it either. Some things aren't clickable in my search menu either (left click won't work but right click...
  6. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  7. Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps

Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps: I am trying to organize my Start Menu by placing items into folders. It seems to work fine for programs, but not Apps. They are not showing in either of the two folders where this information is kept, and when I right click there is no "Show File Location" Option....
  8. corrupted start menu and windows apps.

corrupted start menu and windows apps.: Good morning, My problem started about 2 weeks ago. whenever I try to open 'start menu' there is this popup : critical error please log out. and that's what I did at first, but the problem was never fixed. Then I discovered more issues, none of windows apps is working :...
  9. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  10. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles: I have created a provisioning package that will control the start menu tiles for a kiosk machine I have having an issue where I can not get the logos onto the wide tiles. I have them working on the...