Windows 10: Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update

Discus and support Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the Anniversary update (10.14393.51), which I did yesterday, to a Windows 10 Home laptop , I have several problems with Windows apps. Looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ddelo, Aug 11, 2016.

1. ddelo Win User

Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update

Since the Anniversary update (10.14393.51), which I did yesterday, to a Windows 10 Home laptop , I have several problems with Windows apps.
    Looking at the Event viewer I found several 5973 ERRORS for the following apps:

Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell Event:5973

Activation of app Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Activation of app Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
    Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
    Activation of app Microsoft.BingNews_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexNews failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

The apps either crash after start or don't start at all or end with the RPC failed message (Zunevideo).

I should also note that:
    1. Running sfc/scannow2. Running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth3. Resetting problem apps (Settings > System > Apps & features)4. Re-registering all apps for all accounts5. Resetting Windows Store cache and6. Uninstalling and reinstalling the problematic apps from Windows storedid not solve the problems.

Any ideas?

Dimitri

:)

ddelo, Aug 11, 2016

2. Problems following Anniversary Update.

Perfect! , everything back to normal. Thank you very much for your help Vidyashree_C.

Regards,

Patricia.

PatriciaWoolford, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Problems following Anniversary Update.

Immediately following the Anniversary update my computer has 'lost' one of my two connected usb printers, refusing to communicate with it at all. There is nothing wrong with the printer - I plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfectly. I have tried
    every and each way including updating the driver to no avail.

Coincidentally, the internal (D) 2Trb drive vanished at much the same time. However an old drive that I put in its place was recognised as the D drive and worked fine so I guess the original drive may have broken?

Can anyone please help - the troubleshooter merely says that the printer is 'in error'.

Patricia.

PatriciaWoolford, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update

1. Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Apps problems following

2. windows update and problems that follow it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update and problems that follow it.: With the latest windows 10 update last week, I can no longer, stay signed in to Chrome or save any changes to my windows desktop. I unpin and stop live updates on the news feed and several other apps and then switch off the PC and when I switch on again everything is back and...
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem: Hello guys, I have small problem updating Windows 10 to the Anniversary update/build on my PC. I was downloading the 1607 build this morning through Windows update as usual and it installed some other updates, but not the build update. Now it keeps saying that my PC is...
  4. Anniversary update bug with window apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update bug with window apps: Ever since the update my windows apps(edge, weather app etc) have this issue in which tabs and menus just keep flashing and are un-clickable as if a key on my keyboard is being held down. I unplugged my keyboard but there was no change. Rebooting my computer fixes the issue...
  5. DNS problems following Anniversary Update on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS problems following Anniversary Update on my Dell laptop: I downloaded and installed the Anniversary update on my Dell laptop last week. Since then, I've been having trouble with the laptop's WiFi adapter setting getting changed from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following DNS server address: 82.163.143.171....
  6. Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update: I use a program called Dashware to overlay telemetry data from my racecar onto video taken with a GoPro to provide driver coaching to identify how I can go faster. The Dashware software is now owned by GoPro, but is no longer developed. Dashware runs fine under version...
  7. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  8. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....: Hi, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro edition 10586.494 without issue,as I have not yet received the automatic update to the Anniversary Edition I decided to install it manually. I downloaded the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and it checked my PC and proceeded to...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...