Windows 10: Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes

Discus and support Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First off, i know its not my monitor because the cursor still moves with my mouse, its like the whole pc stops for a second, I haven't found any real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevinStoll, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes

First off, i know its not my monitor because the cursor still moves with my mouse, its like the whole pc stops for a second, I haven't found any real solutions. Could it be my drivers?

:)

DevinStoll, Aug 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes

1. Windows apps randomly freezing Everything but cursor freezes - Similar Threads - apps randomly freezing

2. Laptop and cursor freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop and cursor freezes randomly: For nearly 2 months i have been having a problem where my laptop freezes randomly, I normally surf the web and then the cursor randomly freezes for 5 or more seconds and again unfreezes when i try to click windows button and restart the Laptop cursor freezes for 5 seconds and...
  3. FREEZES EVERYTHING

FREEZES EVERYTHING: THIS ERROR IN EVENT VIEWER The wuauserv service terminated with the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Freezes my pc most of the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezes-everything/df785b8f-e037-4795-996d-14cf2db5c0da
  4. Cursor is freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor is freezing: I seem to have the cursor stick/freeze quite a lot. I googled for info and was told to go to the Control Panel and so on. I can't find the control panel! Can some one tell where it is? I have Windows 10 on a new Dell laptop. Sorry but I had to guess filling in where this...
  5. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves: I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but everything else is unresponsive. It's been happening for about 5 months now. A quick restart fixes it, but after a few days it...
  6. Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves

Windows 10 freezes randomly but cursor moves: I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop and sometimes it freezes randomly but the cursor works and windows media player keeps playing music but everything else is unresponsive. It's been happening for about 4 months now. A quick restart fixes it, but after a few days it...
  7. Cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor freezing: I have windows 10. I have been experiencing my cursor freezing. I have to push the Window key and tab down to restart and I get it back. But it freezes up again , but takes usually about 20 minutes of using my computer. I have gone to "Device Manager" checked for updates on...
  8. Cursor Freeze

Cursor Freeze: Windows 10, Dell laptop, has touch pad, use optical, corded mouse instead. About 2 weeks ago, my cursor began freezing. For example, if I run my cursor across the page, left to right, up to down, or diagonal, the direction doesn't seem to make a difference, while making that...
  9. Cursor freeze

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor freeze: EVERY TIME (which is almost every five minutes) your Virus/threat and Firewall/network programs run and when it does my computer freezes and the cursor disappears. It is extremely frustrating. It started several weeks ago and this did not happen before. PLEASE fix this...
  10. Windows 10 random freeze - everything is stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 random freeze - everything is stuck: Hello, With the new installation of Windows 10, everything randomly freezes when I use the computer. The mouse keeps moving, but that's it. I can't open an application (just doesn't show up), I can't open a new website (just keeps loading), etc. until everything completely...