Windows 10: Windows apps show a missing icon when I search for them on the start menu but appear ok on...

Discus and support Windows apps show a missing icon when I search for them on the start menu but appear ok on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Izkda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gprf25/windows_apps_show_a_missing_icon_when_i_search/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Izkda, May 24, 2020.

1. /u/Izkda Win User

Windows apps show a missing icon when I search for them on the start menu but appear ok on...

/u/Izkda, May 24, 2020

2. Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 24, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 24, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows apps show a missing icon when I search for them on the start menu but appear ok on...

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows apps show a missing icon when I search for them on the start menu but appear ok on... - Similar Threads - apps show missing

2. Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10

in Cortana
    Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10: Apps like Calculator, Notepad, etc, work fine and appear in the search bar when you type for it. The issue is that when I install a new app like Notepad++ or OBS and search for it, it doesn't show up as it should. When I scroll for the apps I want to find in the Start Menu...
  3. Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10: Apps like Calculator, Notepad, etc, work fine and appear in the search bar when you type for it. The issue is that when I install a new app like Notepad++ or OBS and search for it, it doesn't show up as it should. When I scroll for the apps I want to find in the Start Menu...
  4. Apps not showing when searched Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  6. start menu apps icon are missing

start menu apps icon are missing: some of my start menu app icons are missing after the recent update . I don't know how to resolve it . please help me with that. [IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195
  7. App icon not showing on window search menu

App icon not showing on window search menu: I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself. Within the app list itself, the icons show up correctly....
  8. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  9. App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps: [ATTACH] Using Start Menu Search [ATTACH] Start Menu apps Recently, I've been having app icon display issues when performing a search using the startbar. Calculator, Camera, Spotify etc are all affected by this issue. However, the icons are showing up as per normal...
  10. Start menu icons/apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons/apps missing: Hi guys, Just got this error and couldn't find anything like this solved. The icons (or maybe the apps) are missing from the start menu. Thanks, Gabriel. [img] 40753