Windows 10: Windows apps stuck in que while downloading

Discus and support Windows apps stuck in que while downloading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have noticed that on my start menu in Windows 10 there are a bunch of apps that are currently stuck in que showing the following words a great app is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShawnRobinson2018, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Windows apps stuck in que while downloading

I have noticed that on my start menu in Windows 10 there are a bunch of apps that are currently stuck in que showing the following words a great app is on the way. However they have been like this for many days now. I don't know how to fix this

:)

ShawnRobinson2018, Oct 26, 2018

2. Downloads are stuck in que for windows 10 store. Doesn't seem to want to download

Downloading apps from Windows 10 store. Several have been in a que for quite some time, Checked about updates and tried turning off antivirus and firewall, Doesn't help. Why are these downloads stuck in a que?

JosephVelner, Oct 26, 2018
  3. App Store Apps stuck in que using Windows 10

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with installing the apps from Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to the performance of Windows Store.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Run WSReset.exe

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box

• Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.

• Restart your computer and check.

If resetting Windows Store cache does not help then,

Step 2: Re-register Windows Store by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Press OK the UAC prompt if shown. That will open an elevated command prompt. (It will show Administrator in the caption.)

• Then enter the chkdsk command

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

• Restart the computer and try to download the apps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we'll be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows apps stuck in que while downloading

Windows Store App stuck downloading but when refreshed changes amount downloaded.

Hi,

One possible reason why your download is stuck may be due to a corrupted file. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

Method 1: Sign out/sign in

• Open the Windows Store app.
    • Click on the account logo in the upper-right corner of the app, then click on your account name.
    • Click on you account name in the new box, then click Sign out.
    • Click on the icon in the upper-right corner again, then click Sign in and choose your account name again.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

• Click Start, then type wsreset and select wsreset.
    • When the Store app opens, see if your downloads are working.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows apps stuck in que while downloading

1. Windows apps stuck in que while downloading - Similar Threads - apps stuck que

2. Microsoft store stuck while downloading an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store stuck while downloading an app: I'm trying to install the WinDbg Preview app. But it is stuck on the downloading phase with the progress circle just spinning round.I'm not able to cancel the download.I have not logged in to the Windows store.I cleared the cache, terminated the store and no progress. I tried...
  3. Microsoft store stuck while downloading an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store stuck while downloading an app: I'm trying to install the WinDbg Preview app. But it is stuck on the downloading phase with the progress circle just spinning round.I'm not able to cancel the download.I have not logged in to the Windows store.I cleared the cache, terminated the store and no progress. I tried...
  4. "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps!: Can anybody here confirm if "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps? Example of "MSI" apps available in the Microsoft Store: PdfClerk msi: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/XPDNZBWB3272RL Keyboard and Mouse Locker:...
  5. "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps!: Can anybody here confirm if "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps? Example of "MSI" apps available in the Microsoft Store: PdfClerk msi: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/XPDNZBWB3272RL Keyboard and Mouse Locker:...
  6. "Microsoft Store" app gets stuck at "Starting Download" while installing "MSI" apps!

7. Test page stuck in que.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Test page stuck in que.: Trying to add a printer that's on the network. When added, test page stays in que. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-page-stuck-in-que/3523e743-6093-4966-aba3-0def68949315
  8. documents are stuck in a print que.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    documents are stuck in a print que.: The error message says "printer offline". How do I get my printer back online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-are-stuck-in-a-print-que/da80d1d3-ff54-472e-85fe-85802434634d
  9. App is stuck while Downloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App is stuck while Downloading: Hi While downloading apps from Microsoft Store it stuck. It is not downloading. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-stuck-while-downloading/e56f29a9-a68a-4dc9-bc66-4e3b48981a73"
  10. App download stuck

App download stuck: I am trying to download this app. It's stuck at 60% stage. I tried resetting windows 10 app store. Still cannot download this app. I can download other apps and install except this. [ATTACH]...