Windows 10: Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

Discus and support Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mohammad Afzali, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft CommunitySome apps that are not working:Microsft Store, Troubleshooter in the settings, Calculator, Photos, Phone Link, NotePad and etc.I tried to fix it with:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocationAppXManifest.xml”}But didn't helpPS C:\Users\Mohammad> Get-Ap

:)

Mohammad Afzali, Feb 24, 2024

2. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

Photos and Calculator apps not working, Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

Hi

My photos and calculator apps stopped working all of a sudden on surface pro 4 running on windows 10. When I click on a picture, I see warning message "the app did not start", and the app doesn't start. Same with calculator app.

Please suggest.

Vivek

Vivek Gupta (guptav), Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

1. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData... - Similar Threads - apps such troubleshooter

2. Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps such as troubleshooter, calculator, photos and etc. not working after appData...: I changed the AppData directory path to 'E:\AppData' since the C drive was about full.I changed it in the regedit too, but now some of the Windows apps are not working.Used this question: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive - Microsoft...
  3. Calculator app is not working

Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  4. none of the microsoft apps are workingcamera,calculator,etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    none of the microsoft apps are workingcamera,calculator,etc.: Microsoft apps like camera,calculator,calender,etc not opening at all ,if opening then closes immediately. Microsoft store also not opening. all microsoft apps are not opening. model- HP Notebook - 15-ac026tx seriasl no.-CND5323GP8...
  5. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  6. This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps

in Windows 10 News
    This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps: [ATTACH]If you receive This app can’t open error when opening Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, Skype, or any Microsoft Store UWP app on Windows 10, […] This article This app can’t open error for Photos, Xbox Game Bar, Calculator, etc, apps first appeared on...
  7. Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...

Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...: Can someone tell me the correct way how to recreate user profile on windows 10 join domain? because I am facing issue with built in app after recreate user profile with rename user profilelist registry and user folder. thank you rename registry...
  8. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working: This error keeps showing up when i open calculator or photos. It says they've been updating but this happened 2 weeks ago and it still happens. I tried checking for updates but nothing happened. How can i fix it?[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Apps not working calculator, windows store, photo view, etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps not working calculator, windows store, photo view, etc: I purchased a new Microsoft Surface and from the first time I used it the windows store, calculator, photo viewer and other windows apps would try to open and immediately crash. The icons looked strange in the menus. I tried all the listed resolutions from other threads,...
  10. Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.

Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.: Hello all, I am new here and have never posted before so sorry if I do something wrong. I previously I had a problem with the start button and Cortana not working and I did some research and fixed that issue. Unfortunately I cannot recall how I fixed this issue. I think I...