Windows 10: Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall

Discus and support Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/22878, Aug 16, 2020.

1. /u/22878 Win User

Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall

It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot open. Why did this happen all the sudden? I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 It started a few days ago before the update.

I went into advanced settings in the windows app page for some of the apps, like the calculator then selected "reset" and now I cannot uninstall these apps that I clicked reset on. I have tried multiple ways, including PowerShell, they will not uninstall, and I cannot remove the icons from the Start Menu for these apps that I clicked reset on.

Also, since the Microsoft Store is an app itself, and doesn't work, I cannot install any apps, lol.

submitted by /u/22878
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/22878, Aug 16, 2020

2. Weather App not working windows 8.1

Yea, just uninstall the app and then reinstall should resolve the issue. Check this out.

EDIT: The version you have is incompatible

Mindweaver, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Weather App not working windows 8.1

I'm just recently begin to experience this problem...
    I'm running a dell Inspiron 17R with Win 8.1. I've had the machine since July 2015. The MSN weather app has worked beautifully until just a few weeks ago.

Just today I decided to do something about it.

I uninstalled the app, restarted the machine and reinstalled the MSN weather app. It worked for one session. When I went back to the app...it would not load...just the spinning dots.

I uninstalled the app, restarted the machine and reinstall the MSN weather app with exactly the same results...

Something has clearly changed.

Best,

jimzee1700, Aug 16, 2020
  4. OnTheWeb Win User

Weather App not working windows 8.1

The apps troubleshooter wouldn't fix it on any of the machines. Tried syncing the app licenses, too. No dice. Uninstalling and reinstalling the MSN Weather App appears to have fixed it.

OnTheWeb, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall - Similar Threads - Apps Suddenly Stopped

2. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  3. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.: My factory-installed Microsoft photo app stopped working. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall the app. What can I do? I have used the Powershell feature but it comes back as an error....
  5. Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.: My factory-installed Microsoft photo app stopped working. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall the app. What can I do? I have used the Powershell feature but it comes back as an error....
  6. Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It: So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even...
  8. Windows 10 stopped working and I can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stopped working and I can't reinstall: I was working on my computer one day and was rendering a video in Premiere, but then my PC froze for a good minute and blue screened (the stop code was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT if that helps.) Afterwards my PC would just boot into the BIOS and wouldn't boot into Windows. I tried...
  9. Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled Bluetooth Because It Wouldn't Work; Now I Can't Reinstall :(: Hello my friends, Oh boy am I in a pickle...So Bluetooth (BT) stopped working, the option to turn it on and off wouldn't appear anywhere, not in the settings menu and not in the action center. So I went to Device Manager >> Bluetooth >> and uninstalled the Intel® Wireless...
  10. Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...: Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since the latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/can-i-uninstall-and-then-reinstall-the-xbox-app-on/bb30bc40-93fd-4834-9480-bad13a11d46f