Windows 10: Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes

Discus and support Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, When I press the windows key and start typing nothing happens, although its supposed to be starting a search. The same problem occurs when I try... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ido Sarel, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Ido Sarel Win User

Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes

Hi,

When I press the windows key and start typing nothing happens, although its supposed to be starting a search.

The same problem occurs when I try to search on windows settings, and when I try to enter a WIFI password. Its like the app wont recognize my keyboard.

I tried to end the Cortana process, restart the windows explorer process without success.

Even when I enable the screen keyboard it doesn't read its keystrokes.

I searched for older threads but nothing seemed to help. When I use the other apps on my computer it seems to work completely fine. I'm currently writing this using firefox in the same computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ido Sarel

:)

Ido Sarel, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

windows search not recognizing keystrokes

Hi Alan,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on your “search windows,” that won’t recognize any keystrokes.
    You can follow these steps:

Method 1: End Cortana's process

Ending Cortana's process in Task Manager might just do the trick. After ending the process, it will automatically restart almost immediately.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Click Cortana. You might have to scroll down a bit to find it.
    • Click End Task.
    For instance, that the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps failed to work you can try the next step.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

Another quick fix attempt, restarting Windows Explorer might jump-start the taskbar search into working again.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Click Windows Explorer. It's located near the bottom of the Task Manager menu.
    • Click Restart.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 22, 2020
  3. windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes

1. Windows apps won't recognize keystrokes - Similar Threads - apps won't recognize

2. Windows 10: login screen won't accept most keystrokes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: login screen won't accept most keystrokes: I can't log into my computer, because the login screen won't accept any keystroke other than numbers. This problem persists no matter what keyboard I use, including the virtual keyboard. Strangely, though, when I am prompted for a challenge phrase because I have typed my...
  3. Windows 10: login screen won't accept most keystrokes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: login screen won't accept most keystrokes: I can't log into my computer, because the login screen won't accept any keystroke other than numbers. This problem persists no matter what keyboard I use, including the virtual keyboard. Strangely, though, when I am prompted for a challenge phrase because I have typed my...
  4. Windows 10: login screen won't accept most keystrokes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer only recognizes one keystroke at a time: I work in folders that have tons and tons of subfolders. To navigate quickly to subfolders I want to reach, I'll type out the first 3-4 letters of the subfolder so that I don't have to scroll down to it, e.g. if the subfolder starts with the name "Generic" but I don't want to...
  6. Keystrokes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keystrokes: Re: Keystrokes I have a sound when I hit a key on my keyboard, cannot backspace more than 1 space & unable to type 2 identical letters or add 2 spaces together. This happens on the keyboard whether I am using Word, Excel, Internet, etc. I do not think that I did...
  7. Missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing keystrokes: My computer won't type random letters (most often 'c' 'e' or 'd') until I press those keys many times. Then after a while it recognizes keystrokes, at first a few, then all of them. This happens in start menu and chrome. However when I open notepad or when I have been typing...
  8. Won't recognize password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't recognize password: Each and every time I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, it says that I have the wrong password. So....I go through the process of getting a code and changing my password. Then when I try to sign in with the new password, it says that it is the wrong password....
  9. Windows won't recognize speakers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows won't recognize speakers: Hello I have no sound from my speakers. The computer does not recognize it even though it's plugged in. It says that it's not plugged in! Only once was I able to make it recognize the speakers, but then it was as if they are working (I could see volume levels within...
  10. Keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keystrokes: When I tap Uppercase 2, which according to the keyboard should give @, I get " Conversely when I tap Uppercase ', which according to the keyboard should give ", I get @. How can I fix this problem? (I am not aware of any other similar problems on my keyboard)....