Windows 10: Windows AppxPackage Question

Discus and support Windows AppxPackage Question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, hoping to get some light shined on the AppxPackage from Windows. I recently made a "slight error" with the registry and my start menu gave me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PerthPilot, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows AppxPackage Question

Hi all, hoping to get some light shined on the AppxPackage from Windows.

I recently made a "slight error" with the registry and my start menu gave me an error upon booting, someone on Google suggested I run the Appxpackage on Windows Powershell and I did; problem solved. I went through and removed all the stuff I didn't want (again) and all seems well.

My question though is what does it ACTUALLY install, does it only install missing content? Does it fuck with my registry or settings or anything like that? Even though my pc is in perfect working order now, I'm curious if a fresh install would be a better option or am I just being pedantic.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/PerthPilot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PerthPilot, Jul 13, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Jul 13, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    [Script] Windows 10 TNBT (The next big Tweak) v6.5.6 -official thread-

OneMoar, Jul 13, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows AppxPackage Question

Windows 10 Tweaks

I will have to agree, as when i upgraded the fixes work and now i am using a clean install none of them work except onedrive.

AsRock, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows AppxPackage Question

1. Windows AppxPackage Question - Similar Threads - AppxPackage Question

2. can someone give me ms stores appxpackage since i broke it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can someone give me ms stores appxpackage since i broke it: this is how it looks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-give-me-ms-stores-appxpackage-since-i/573e5c94-ab1e-43cc-96ce-ddd07f606c53
  3. can someone give me ms stores appxpackage since i broke it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone give me ms stores appxpackage since i broke it: this is how it looks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-give-me-ms-stores-appxpackage-since-i/573e5c94-ab1e-43cc-96ce-ddd07f606c53
  4. can someone give me ms stores appxpackage since i broke it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A: add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again. error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package...
  6. add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A: add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again. error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package...
  7. add-appxpackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A

8. Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* but still not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* but still not installed: I've recovered a fresh Windows 10 Pro, but it didn't have the Microsoft Store app. So I followed the instructions to reinstall the app no error message or confirmation of successful installation. When I reboot though, I don't see the installed app when I click on the button...
  9. Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* but still not installed

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* but still not installed: I've recovered a fresh Windows 10 Pro, but it didn't have the Microsoft Store app. So I followed the instructions to reinstall the app no error message or confirmation of successful installation. When I reboot though, I don't see the installed app when I click on the button...
  10. Question about using Add-AppxPackage install default Windows app

Question about using Add-AppxPackage install default Windows app: I have a question about using App-AppxPackage to install default Windows app. Using Windows Calculator as a example, I noticed C:\Program Files\WindowsApps consists of the following: Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1506.19010.0_neutral_split.scale-125_8wekyb3d8bbwe...