Windows 10: Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.

Discus and support Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yes Microsoft is no longer forcing us to download update overhauls when they come out https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...ay-2019-update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Redbatman, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Redbatman Win User

Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.

Redbatman, Apr 4, 2019
  2. StefanM Win User
    StefanM, Apr 4, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 4, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer. - Similar Threads - April change May

2. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  3. Windows Updates may now Expire

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may now Expire: Microsoft enabled a new update expiration policy recently for Windows updates. Updates released for Windows may be flagged as expired by the company now, and that means that these updates won't be available anymore through Windows Updates, the Microsoft Update Catalog or...
  4. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  5. Change May Be Coming to Windows Update

Change May Be Coming to Windows Update: With the version 2004 update that I won't install until the Fall, Microsoft is changing the mechanism for deferring new feature updates for Windows Update for Business customers. Windows Update for Business is a free service available for Professional, Enterprise and...
  6. Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?

Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?: How do I initiate a Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-no-longer-allows-update-now/a7f5d48f-bf95-4dcf-ae61-b18eb410748d
  7. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced Updates now changing browser and settings: OK what the hell, it seems that there's NO way to stop Microsoft from jamming updates onto my Windows 10 laptop, but last night it apparently updated my computer, restarted it and gave no notification of any kind. However, it changed my default browser to Internet Explorer (I...
  8. Problem with Facebook since April 2019 forced updates

Problem with Facebook since April 2019 forced updates: Since the updates a couple of days ago, when I open up Facebook, I have no newsfeed - only an invitation to join Facebook. I can see my personal timeline, but not the newsfeed where my friends have posted. So sick of problems after updates....
  9. April not updating to 1903 and changing to May

April not updating to 1903 and changing to May: Hello I heard that microsoft will not be releasing 1903 this month in april. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-not-updating-to-1903-and-changing-to-may/9ac6eea2-e773-4268-95ea-36fd2804aadc
  10. Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30: How can you tell which version is in the media creation tool download?