Windows 10: Windows are all maximized

Discus and support Windows are all maximized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alpphonse, Mar 14, 2019.

1. alpphonse Win User

Windows are all maximized

For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64.

I will really appreciate your help.

:)

alpphonse, Mar 14, 2019

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Bruce Hagen, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows are all maximized

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows are all maximized

1. Windows are all maximized - Similar Threads - are maximized

2. Cannot maximize windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot maximize windows: Just installed W10 and ANYTHING I click on puts an icon on the taskbar BUT won't maximize so I can do anything. This seems utterly rudimentary but I can't figure it out. If I mouse over the icons in the taskbar they expand to the little 1.5" x 1.5" mini window as shown in the...
  3. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized: Upon powering up computer, when I launch certain shortcuts off the desktop, they open with a very minimized window. This seems to have occurred after a recent Windows update. I search the properties of the icon and there isn't any control offered. How do I control this...
  4. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications: Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white. If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white. Easier to see when 'Minimize/Maximize animations' are set to 'off' There's a quarter-half second of a blindingly white app then back to whatever color...
  5. I can't maximize a program from taskbar.

I can't maximize a program from taskbar.: Can't open a program on my taskbar in Windows 10, please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-maximize-a-program-from-taskbar/c691eee6-c80a-4525-8f1b-a46322dd720a
  6. Drag window to maximize/restore size

Drag window to maximize/restore size: On my win10pro workstation I'm able to drag a window to the top of the screen to maximize it. In the same way, I can drag it down to restore it. I really like this feature and it has become my go to way of maximizing/restoring windows. Now to the problem. This feature is...
  7. maximize button grayed out

maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  8. Program file wont maximize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program file wont maximize: I have a Microsoft surface running windows 10. While playing a game full screen, I moved the laptop, and the screen rotated. Now I am stuck with the program unable to maximize. The maximize button is greyed out. I have tried.... Turing off tablet mode right click to...
  9. Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging maximized window to lower monitor loses maxmization: My two monitors are mounted vertically, A on the top, B on the bottom. When I drag a maximized window from B to A, it auto-maximizes on A if I release the drag right at the top of the monitor due to SNAP's "arrange windows automatically when dragged to top of screen". But...
  10. Why the Windows Media Player opens in this state? Before he opened maximized, now... why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why the Windows Media Player opens in this state? Before he opened maximized, now... why?: [ATTACH] Why opens in this state? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-windows-media-player-opens-in-this-state/80d5f486-de23-4dae-8b96-f5c78bffd78f"