Windows 10: Windows are all maximized

Discus and support Windows are all maximized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alpphonse, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:57 PM.

1. alpphonse Win User

Windows are all maximized

For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64.

I will really appreciate your help.

:)

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:07 PM
  3. Windows are all maximized

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:07 PM
Thema:

Windows are all maximized

1. Windows are all maximized - Similar Threads - are maximized

2. Open a PDF viewer in windowed mode (NOT maximized, NOT minimized)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open a PDF viewer in windowed mode (NOT maximized, NOT minimized): I am trying to force a PDF viewer (Bluebeam Revu) to always open in windowed mode, not full screen (maximized) and not minimized. Even for normal programs I see no way to do this, but for a PDF viewer where I open it 100% of the time by clicking on all these different...
  3. Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them: For a few years I have had a very aggravating problem where non-maximized windows will disappear behind the last maximized window unless my pointer is already over that desired window. Clicking on the window's taskbar icon does not help, since my pointer is down at the...
  4. windows won't maximize or restore

windows won't maximize or restore: All of a sudden, windows that i "minimize" won't maximize! I've tried all the key stroke combos shift/Ctrl/alt/Windows. none work. any surefire suggestions?...
  5. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...
  6. Maximize windows update speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maximize windows update speed: I often create instances from Win10 / Win2016 images that are several months old. When I do so, it literally takes days, and half a dozen reboots, to get all of the updates applied. Every time it reboots, I have to log in, go back to Windows Update again, search for...
  7. Driver Support Maximize Optimization Popups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Driver Support Maximize Optimization Popups: How can I block these popups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/driver-support-maximize-optimization-popups/0fcfb4d2-dc57-4f2f-b7d0-96159f906767
  8. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows: Hi, Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom, of the...
  9. Minimize Maximize multiple windows under Windows 10

Minimize Maximize multiple windows under Windows 10: How do I minimize/maximize windows under Windows 10. Sometimes I want to view pages side by side. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-multiple-windows-under-windows/5920fefa-0d62-41d4-b2ac-8f8bb6c82e71
  10. Program will only maximize to main screen???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program will only maximize to main screen???: I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will only maximize or go fullscreen on my main monitor. I have a triple monitor setup and want it to do that on either of the side...